Gen 5 Glock 26, is it Worth it?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
cmgee67
Posts in topic: 1

Gen 5 Glock 26, is it Worth it?

Post by cmgee67 »

I had a Glock 26 gen three about two years ago. I sold it to a friend who really needed a concealed carry gun and at the time I was carrying my Glock 19. The 26 fit a really good sweet spot to me. I had capacity and smallness. Not to mention it worked with all the holsters I had for the 19. I want to get another 26 and this time make sure it doesn’t go anywhere. So is buying the gen 5 version worth it? I never had an issue with the grooves on the 3 or the 4. I can buy a new gen 3 or 4 cheaper than a 5. I am just not sure that no finger grooves is a big enough selling point. That’s why I havnt upgraded my other Glocks and have just kept the Gen 3 and 4’s I own.

Soccerdad1995

Re: Gen 5 Glock 26, is it Worth it?

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

If I were you I would upgrade to either a CZ 75 compact, or a CZ 2075 RAMI. You can even get the RAMI with a polymer frame if weight is an issue.

I have a number of Glocks and have never been bothered with the finger grooves or pretty much anything else other than the trigger, but that didn't change with the Gen 4 as far as I know.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

The generation 5 is still new for me. I don’t know for sure, but if the magazines are not interchangeable then that would be a deal breaker for me because I still own generation 3’s and 4’s.

John Galt

Post by John Galt »

If I were looking for something in that category, I would get a FNS 9c. It is very slightly larger but holds 2 more rounds.

allisji

Post by allisji »

John Galt wrote:If I were looking for something in that category, I would get a FNS 9c. It is very slightly larger but holds 2 more rounds.
The Glock 26 can take two extra rounds by using the magpul pmag
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state legislators urging support of Constitutional Carry Legislation HB 1927

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”