My First CZ Pisol

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
carlson1
Posts in topic: 4

My First CZ Pisol

Post by carlson1 »

I picked up the CZ 75 P01 that ScubaSigGuy had for sale. I have wanted a CZ for about two years after holding Forum member bmwdr's CZ. I really like the pistol. The ergonomics are fantastic. I took it to the range today and all I can say is it will take me a while to get used to the DA/SA trigger. This is 14 rounds at 7 yards with Independence 115gr FMJ ammo.

skeathley
Posts in topic: 1

Re: My First CZ Pisol

Post by skeathley »

Welcome back from the dark side. CZs are extraordinary handguns, but like potato chips, you can't stop at one. You should Google "CZ forum".

There is a saying, "the only people who don't own a CZ, are the ones who haven't shot one".

:biggrinjester:
Texas LTC Instructor / RSO / SSC
Viet Nam Veteran: 25th Infantry, Cu Chi
https://mckinneyfirearmstraining.com

JRG

Post by JRG »

carlson1 wrote:I picked up the CZ 75 P01 that ScubaSigGuy had for sale. I have wanted a CZ for about two years after holding Forum member bmwdr's CZ. I really like the pistol. The ergonomics are fantastic. I took it to the range today and all I can say is it will take me a while to get used to the DA/SA trigger. This is 14 rounds at 7 yards with Independence 115gr FMJ ammo.

Great shooting, but I count more than 14 holes. I've never shot or even held a CZ. Maybe I should?

Joe

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

I promise Joe just 14 really slow. I noticed the target about half way through that holes almost looked like the bullet tumbled. This was the first time I have shot the Independence Ammo.

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Thanks for the information Andy. I could figure out what was going on.

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

If you really want to get addicted, send your new CZ to the guys at Cajun Gun Works. They are great guns stock, but truly move to another level once those guys do their magic.

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:If you really want to get addicted, send your new CZ to the guys at Cajun Gun Works. They are great guns stock, but truly move to another level once those guys do their magic.
ScubaSigGuy has already taken care of all of that. All I had to do was start shooting. :fire He sent the pistol to CGW and then never shot it. The trigger is amazing. They set the SA trigger pull at 3lbs, 9oz, and the DA trigger pull at 7lbs, 8oz.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

carlson1 wrote:
Soccerdad1995 wrote:If you really want to get addicted, send your new CZ to the guys at Cajun Gun Works. They are great guns stock, but truly move to another level once those guys do their magic.
ScubaSigGuy has already taken care of all of that. All I had to do was start shooting. :fire He sent the pistol to CGW and then never shot it. The trigger is amazing. They set the SA trigger pull at 3lbs, 9oz, and the DA trigger pull at 7lbs, 8oz.
Good find on your part then. Just be careful. CZ's are like 1911's in that they have a tendency to multiply once they are in your safe. As of right now, I have 3 full size, 2 Compacts, and 1 sub-compact. They are giving my 1911's a run for majority status in the safe. If I include the 2 Sphinx pistols (basically a CZ variant), then they take the lead.

cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

I’ve shot CZ’s and I still don’t get what all the hype is about. They are nice guns and do shoot well. I wasnt anymore accurate with the CZ than I am with a Glock or an M&P. I do think they make some of the most organic looking pistols tho. They are very beautiful and no doubt well made! Congrats on the new gun and fine shooting sir!

n5wmk
Posts in topic: 2

Post by n5wmk »

:iagree:
EDC CZ 2075 RAMI
NRA Benefactor Life Member
USAF 1972-1980
Texas A&M -1980-1984

n5wmk
Posts in topic: 2

Post by n5wmk »

Soccerdad1995 wrote: Just be careful. CZ's are like 1911's in that they have a tendency to multiply once they are in your safe. As of right now, I have 3 full size, 2 Compacts, and 1 sub-compact. They are giving my 1911's a run for majority status in the safe. If I include the 2 Sphinx pistols (basically a CZ variant), then they take the lead.
You're correct there. Two years ago, I had no CZs. Now I have 4 CZ handguns (3 full size and 1 compact) and a CZ shotgun.

cmgee67 wrote:I’ve shot CZ’s and I still don’t get what all the hype is about. They are nice guns and do shoot well. I wasnt anymore accurate with the CZ than I am with a Glock or an M&P. I do think they make some of the most organic looking pistols tho. They are very beautiful and no doubt well made! Congrats on the new gun and fine shooting sir!
I like mine for the weight and hand ergonomics. I like my 1911s a lot, but I really like the way my CZs fit my hand. No disrespect for Glocks, I've just have never cared for the way they feel in my hand. I used to have an M&P 9, but I traded it for a Sig 1911, and have never regretted that. That Sig 1911 still has the best trigger feel of any of my handguns, including the 97BD with a Cajun Gun Works trigger job, but CZ 97BD runs a close second to the 1911.
EDC CZ 2075 RAMI
NRA Benefactor Life Member
USAF 1972-1980
Texas A&M -1980-1984

growlerVII

Post by growlerVII »

I got rid of mine......still kicking myself for it. It was accurate as heck but I couldn't love the sights and the trigger was weird for me.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

cmgee67 wrote:I’ve shot CZ’s and I still don’t get what all the hype is about. They are nice guns and do shoot well. I wasnt anymore accurate with the CZ than I am with a Glock or an M&P. I do think they make some of the most organic looking pistols tho. They are very beautiful and no doubt well made! Congrats on the new gun and fine shooting sir!
I had the opposite experience. I joined a range and my membership included free gun rentals. So I randomly decided to try out the CZ 75 BD that they had on the wall. I just so happened to be shooting my G19 that same day, so I shot them side by side, and the difference, for me, was dramatic. The CZ was tremendously more accurate. That is my personal experience only, and it sounds like yours is different.

I would encourage everyone to try as many new guns as they can. As this shows, everyone's experiences vary and what is right for one person may not be right for someone else.

bmwrdr

Post by bmwrdr »

Congratulations Carl and welcome to the CZ club. My first CZ experience was similar to yours, on my first range trip I had all 16 rounds of my 75B in or very close to the bulls eye at 10 yards and I swear by any means on my 2nd trip, after cleaning and lubricating the gun I spent 16 rounds and there was just one hole in the center of the bull's eye.

:cheers2:
I scarified political correctness to preserve honesty ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”