Glock 43 Carry - What is your fav holster/method?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Neverenough
Posts in topic: 1

Glock 43 Carry - What is your fav holster/method?

Post by Neverenough »

I am new to this. I bought a Glock 19 for home protection. Shot a 43 and think that will be my daily carry. I am slim, and don't wear baggy clothing. Interested in what you have found the best method to carry. I have looked up Kydex holsters (heard they are better than leather, because they don't stretch) and there are a million choices. I welcome feedback and recommendations. I am thinking I will carry IWB, but not sure how that works. I know this sounds silly....do I need to buy new pants to allow for the extra room? Thanks

carlson1

Re: Glock 43 Carry - What is your fav holster/method?

Post by carlson1 »

Welcome to the Forum.

I have a TLR6 on my G43 and I carry it AIWB in an INCOG holster. I also use the Taran Tactical plus 3 extension. I have carried strong side OWB in a DSG Holster.

cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

Boy you opened a can of worms with that question lol!

I too have the 19 for home defense and I carry the Glock 43 for my carry gun. I carry strong side at 3:00 iwb in a kydex holster with soft loops as my attachment method to the belt from the holster because they are more secure than clips and less bulky. I keep a Taran Tactical +2 extension in the gun and a Taran Tactical +3 in my mag pouch I carry on my weak side in my front left pocket.

I think kydex is works better than leather. It’s more durable, water proof, does less damage to your finish, is more secure, truly form fitted, cheaper for quality compared to what you will pay for a quality leather, doesn’t collapse on you when draw from an iwb holster, comes in many colors and patterns, comfortable. The list goes on and on.

John Galt

Post by John Galt »

Kydex Appendix IWB.

I might add that, the accessibility and comfort of appendix carry causes one to strive to maintain a somewhat flat stomach. :mrgreen:
Last edited by John Galt on Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jose_in_Dallas

Post by Jose_in_Dallas »

Agree on all points regarding kydex.

I use a Bravo Concealment kydex holster that I wear OWB. I also have a Comp-Tac MTAC that I will occasionally use when I want to IWB carry like when I wear a suite.

Hack Job

Post by Hack Job »

I too have G19 but primarily carry the G43.

For IWB I've been very pleased with the White Hat MicroTuck. However I find OWB to be much more comfortable and choose the DM Bullard Belt Slide. They both have their place and I've had no clothing issues with either method other than upgrading to a real gun belt.

I also carry spare mag in front left pocket. All mags are identical with Pearce +1 mag extensions and Talon grip tape.

I also agree on all points regarding kydex, but I still prefer leather.

MrMcCullster

Post by MrMcCullster »

So about your pants...... ;-)

I ended up buying a size bigger than what I wear normally.

The 38 jean size I wear normally are snug and I don't need to wear a belt when I wear them. You throw in a double stack "compact" firearm thickness (even the G43 is usually around an inch width, and that's the part that's going into your pants), holster thickness, and anything else you want to fit in your pants and it gets uncomfortable, where you start getting red marks and "impressions" on your skin from where it's too tight.

I tried my carry rig with what I had and I can make it work for short trips to the store with 38, but if I'm carrying all day, I want the larger size. I went to a size larger jeans to be comfortable for longer all day carry. In my case I had 38 and I went to a 40 inch waist. I can't wear those 40 inch jeans without a belt (I would have to pull my pants up after each short walk), but it leaves a little extra room. It's much more comfortable for me.

Get the G43 and try it out with what jeans or pants you have. If what you wear is super tight already, it might be worth it to get a size bigger. Just be sure to take your rig with you out shopping when you do go for new pants if that's what you choose, that way you can check it in the new pants to see how they fit.

I didn't plan on shelling out for 5 new pairs of jeans.

dino9832

Post by dino9832 »

I figured I'd weigh in on this as I just bought a Glock G43 last week. Plus, I'm a slim guy as well. Before the G43 I was carrying a Beretta Nano which is also a small gun. It ain't easy hiding much of anything when your slim and don't wear baggy clothes!

For reference, I'm about 5'8" and around 137lbs. Waist size is 32".
One thing I'd recommend is a good belt. The one I'm using has a tie-down type buckle that adjust without holes. It's great for adjusting on the go. Like removing my holster to go into the office building. Or loosening it back up.
This is the Klikbelt I use: https://www.klikbelts.com/collections/1 ... ical-belts
One feature I like about this belt is the buckle section is 1ply, while majority of the belt is 2ply. Meaning, the buckle doesn't poke out like a second belly button. Yet giving you the rigidity of a 2ply belt where it counts.
The downside is that to wear appendix style you'd have to have the strap on left hand side. Because the adjustable part of the belt is single ply. Not a big issue, but thought I'd mention it. For reference, the single ply section is about 5" on my right side by the buckle. On the left, it's double ply from the buckle and back around to my right side again (minus the last 5".)

Oh, and I went with a 1.5" width. It's more of a standard belt width. You can get the belt in 1.75" if you choose so.

Another tip, which I'm still in the market for myself, is a holster with a cant! My current holster has no cant, and is leather. I'm still getting used to all the plastic in firearms and holsters. :lol:

Third tip, get a "tuckable" holster. One that you can tuck your shirt into while having it clipped to your belt.

Finally, a clip system that allows you to remove the holster without taking off your belt. It makes life a lot easier.

mrvmax

Post by mrvmax »

I’ve been pleased with this Raven Concealment work at 3 o’clock.
http://rcsgear.com/perun-owb-holster-glock-43/

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I usually carry my G43 Appendix IWB in a home-made kydex holster my son made for me, very much like this one from CYA Holsters: https://cyasupply.com/collections/iwb-h ... hand-black, but I also have a Mitch Rosen Belt Slide for OWB carry.

What the Mich Rosen holster looks like:

My home made job:

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

warnmar10

Post by warnmar10 »

LeonCarr

Post by LeonCarr »

DeSantis Nemesis Pocket Holster carried in either front pocket.

With relaxed fit pants or jeans and a sturdy belt (I use a super stout Ernie Hill Speed Leather Belt bought 25 years ago that still looks brand new) the G43 rides well and the Nemesis does a great job of breaking up the outline.

Just my .02,
LeonCarr
"Whitetail Deer are extinct because of rifles with telescopes mounted on them." - My 11th Grade English Teacher

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”