What can I do to the raptor grip?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
cmgee67
Posts in topic: 1

What can I do to the raptor grip?

Post by cmgee67 »

I would like to improve the traction of the raptor grip on my shockwave. I know i can buy talon grips for it but my beef with those is when it gets hot sometimes they slide around. I have seen some stipple the grip but I thought you can’t change the grips physical shape? I will prob cut a piece of bicycle inner tube and slide over the grip to give me a good purchase on it. Or can I even do that? Please shed some light on the subject guys and gals! Thanks!

Pawpaw

Re: What can I do to the raptor grip?

Post by Pawpaw »

There's actually quite a bit you can do to it, as long as you don't make it shorter.

All you ever wanted to know about the Shockwave: http://mossbergowners.com/forum/index.p ... kwave.171/
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Richbirdhunter

Post by Richbirdhunter »

What about gloves?
Disclaimer: Anything I state can not be applied to 100% of all situations. Sometimes it's ok to speak in general terms.

MrMcCullster

Post by MrMcCullster »

Saw that Hickock45 put some hockey stick tape on the end of his Shockwave. I think that's a pretty good middle ground between uncovered and Talon grips. If I didn't already have some in my hockey bag, I'd probably just order the Talon grips and be done with it, but I'll check out the hockey tape first since it's a short trip out to the garage.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”