Looking at Glock 43 w/ext mag and Shield, the problem is..

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Looking at Glock 43 w/ext mag and Shield, the problem is..

Post by TreyHouston »

I have 2 shields, 9mm and .45. Both go bang when I pull the trigger and they are very thin! One has the mag guts. :fire
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

cmgee67 wrote:TAM how is that compared in size to the 642? My wife has the 642 and I love that little gun. I would like to get one as well but I’d like the 357 option instead of only 38’s.
They’re pretty much the same size, both are 5-shot J-frame’s with 1-7/8” barrels. The differences - other than color - are a scandium frame, an XS Sight Systems big dot tritium front sight, and the .357 magnum caliber on the 340; versus an aluminum alloy frame, a plain ramp front sight, and +P .38 Special for the 342. Both guns have the same Uncle Mike’s boot grip. The 340 weighs 13.8 oz to the 342’s 14.4 oz, so it is .6 oz lighter. I don’t know if that’s enough to make a difference for most people, but it is a really light pistol. My wife has a 642CT, but she carries a G43.

One thing .... before you buy one, read this: http://www.texaschlforum.com/viewtopic. ... 16#p490416.

Recoil with 110 grain WWB practice ammo isn’t too bad, although you can tell that the bullet is really stepping out there. I carry it with 125 grain Hornady Critical Defense, which per Hornady develops 1200 fps and 400 ft lbs out of a 2” barrel. With that load, it stings your hand pretty well. It’s not unshootable, and in a real SD situation you might not notice it too much, but it isn’t something you want to do with any degree of regularity. The Remington Express "Pistol & Revolver" 158 grain SJHP exits a 2” barrel at around 1050 fps. As one commenter on the above linked thread said:
Best description I could think of was shooting that was like driving a motorcycle at 45 mph and slapping a mailbox while you drive by.
That’s pretty much what it felt like.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

skeathley
Posts in topic: 1

Post by skeathley »

The Shield is more ergonomic than the Glock (as is a brick), and has a better trigger. I have the Shield 9 and 45, and both have been 100% reliable, and very accurate. The stock Shield trigger is not bad. It's not as good as a CZ, but for defensive purposes, you would never notice the difference. It is considerably better than a Ruger.

:fire
Texas LTC Instructor / RSO / SSC
Viet Nam Veteran: 25th Infantry, Cu Chi
https://mckinneyfirearmstraining.com

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”