Stay Alert!

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Chris127
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Stay Alert!

Post by Chris127 »

Yeah I was told something similar about the safe but the gun won’t be on the property at all really I mean it’s in my locked car glovebox about 500 feet away from the house and I’ve been trying to talk to a lawyer or a police officer but I always get different stories

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

Leaving a firearm in a car overnight is not the best of ideas. Glove boxes were easy to break into way back when the doors were made of steel. Today's plastic doors are no deterrent all and most don't even have locks.

I have a Console Vault in my truck, but I still won't leave a pistol in it overnight.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

The Annoyed Man wrote:You could pull a Raylan, and when the guy gets close enough, raise your nozzle and hose him down with gasoline - with your lighter in your other hand - and calmly say, “there is no outcome that does not end with you going up like a human torch if you come one step closer”.

:lol:

I’d be real surprised if you end up having to shoot him. :mrgreen:

Edited to add: I see that someone beat me to it.
Raylan, eh? We really enjoyed that series.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

cirus wrote:That's one reason why I don't oc. It may scare one person off but the other may see it as a challenge. Not judging! To each his own.
I know it's legal and I've done it, yadda yadda; however, I don't see much sense in it on.....a daily basis. I can attract enough attention just trying to walk upright.

Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

Oldgringo wrote:
cirus wrote:That's one reason why I don't oc. It may scare one person off but the other may see it as a challenge. Not judging! To each his own.
I know it's legal and I've done it, yadda yadda; however, I don't see much sense in it on.....a daily basis. I can attract enough attention just trying to walk upright.
I dont htink i'd ever OC... unless I'm on my own property or visiting a friend and he doesnt mind if I OC. but out in public just doing routine day to day tasks.... not a fan.
NRA Member

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”