Customer Brass

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Customer Brass

Post by Flightmare »

What would they say about you using a brass catcher? If the brass never hits the ground, what then?
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

circumspice_tuebor
Posts in topic: 2

Post by circumspice_tuebor »

Re: brass catcher, I don’t think there would be much to say.

I just used a Caldwell pic rail model today with my CZ 805 Bren carbine. Worked to perfection. When I first got the Bren I was surprised to find that it ejected the brass forward of the firing line. Needless to say, not much brass to pick up in that case.
Micah 6:8

strogg
Posts in topic: 3

Post by strogg »

I personally like catchers from https://elmfg.com/. I have a PTR91 which is known to throw brass 2 o'clock and into the next zip code. I got a brass deflector for it so it'll at least keep it in the same zip code and not dent the brass on its way out. Couple that with the snap-on brass catcher from E&L, and it's perfection. No need to worry about alignment or a mesh bag breaking on you, and all the brass is guaranteed to be sitting in the container unharmed.

The only brass I need to worry about picking up off the floor now is 10mm and 45 brass. All rifle brass gets collected by some sort of brass catcher.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

I remember participating in registered Skeet and Trap shoots that had the same 'no-pickem up' rules.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Grundy1133 wrote: the range i go to has a big sign when entering the range that says "ALL BRASS STAYS ON THE RANGE" lol.
Policies like this are petty and greedy IMHO. Just put the full price of a range session on your price list. Don't make me pay you part of the fee in cash, and part in my brass.

RossA
Banned

Post by RossA »

I met a student at Liberty Armory in Houston the other day because he is a member there. They had a sign that said something like: "No picking up of brass. It is a safety issue!"
I'm not a member there and I didn't want to get my student in trouble with his range, so I withheld my desire to ask how I am going to get hurt bending over to pick up brass.
God and the soldier we adore,
In times of danger, not before.
The danger gone, the trouble righted,
God's forgotten, the soldier slighted.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

RossA wrote:I met a student at Liberty Armory in Houston the other day because he is a member there. They had a sign that said something like: "No picking up of brass. It is a safety issue!"
I'm not a member there and I didn't want to get my student in trouble with his range, so I withheld my desire to ask how I am going to get hurt bending over to pick up brass.
:iagree:

I think they were either ignorant or dishonest. I'm placing my money on dishonest. Do they allow you to place a range bag on the floor since bending over to pick up anything behind the firing line is so dangerous?

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Your brass is just that.

It would be wonderful to see some attorney type resist this sort of theft...

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”