Youtube Suspends Gun Manufactuers

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
rtschl
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Youtube Suspends Gun Manufactuers

Post by rtschl »

If you want to change your search engine from Google, here are two that do not track any of your data; do not keep your history; or other Big Brother data mining:

https://duckduckgo.com/

https://www.ixquick.com/
Ron
NRA Member

TEX
Posts in topic: 1

Post by TEX »

Speaking of Kroger, it looks like they have made corporate level decision not to have any gun magazines on their magazines stands anymore. I vote with my wallet and they won't get another dime of my money.
There will be no peace until they love their children more than they hate us - Golda Meir

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

SigM4 wrote:For everyone talking about Guntube, check out http://www.full30.com. This is exactly what some enterprising folks did a while back. It’s good with a lot of potential, but didn’t get as much traction as it could have because YouTube was still allowing gun videos. With this recent YT announcement I can see the site really taking off.
I joined Full30 and found this video discussing the topic.
https://www.full30.com/video/64aa633c01 ... b7991d5730
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 5

Post by bblhd672 »

They are starting to disappear...

http://www.colddeadhands.us/press-relea ... acy-group/
Dallas, Texas. – Following a week of political activism by Youtube / Google – Cold Dead Hands was notified this morning that its Youtube Channel, which hosted its educational style videos about The 2nd Amendment & other constitutional issues, has been terminated for violating Youtubes Terms of Service.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

LucasMcCain

Post by LucasMcCain »

The ban goes into full effect on April 1st. Most firearms related channels could be considered to fall under their new banned content guidelines. You can be sure that any that aren't will be banned shortly thereafter. This isn't going to stop. Any videos you need, go ahead and download now while you still can. My hope is that another viable video streaming site picks up these channels and becomes a robust competitor to youtube. I have no polite words to express my feelings on this subject further.
I prefer dangerous freedom to safety in chains.

Let's go Brandon.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

oljames3 wrote:
SigM4 wrote:For everyone talking about Guntube, check out http://www.full30.com. This is exactly what some enterprising folks did a while back. It’s good with a lot of potential, but didn’t get as much traction as it could have because YouTube was still allowing gun videos. With this recent YT announcement I can see the site really taking off.
I joined Full30 and found this video discussing the topic.
https://www.full30.com/video/64aa633c01 ... b7991d5730
I joined Full30, deleted YouTube apps from phones and tablets.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

G.A. Heath

Post by G.A. Heath »

Anyone who depends on youtube for their business should be very concerned about this move. Today it's gun related content, what will all the automotive people do should youtube decide to ban all automotive content because rolling coal becomes a political hot potato. What will the moto-vloggers who make a living off youtube do when the next 'meet-up' gets too wild and people turn on the moto-vlogging community? It may even be triggered by something else, perhaps when Yammin00b impersonates superman again while he takes out another Porsche after crossing a double yellow line with his bike near Austin. The truth is that Youtube is proving itself to be too un-reliable for commercial purposes and that is scary.
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

LDB415 wrote:Nope. Won't fly. If bakers have to make cakes youtube has to host gun videos. Damn leftist trash can't have it both ways. It's time to shut them down.
THIS.

Also, in terms of irony, the most popular monetized gun channels like Hickock45 and MAC (for instance) were some of the most lucrative channels for YouTube also.

This is actually a HUGE investment opportunity for any venture capitalist. If someone has the money and the desire to make a site for hosting free speech-protected videos, with built in tools to monetize the content providers’ videos, they could make YouTube into the next “MySpace” (just as broke, and just as irrelevant).
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
LDB415 wrote:Nope. Won't fly. If bakers have to make cakes youtube has to host gun videos. Damn leftist trash can't have it both ways. It's time to shut them down.
THIS.

Also, in terms of irony, the most popular monetized gun channels like Hickock45 and MAC (for instance) were some of the most lucrative channels for YouTube also.

This is actually a HUGE investment opportunity for any venture capitalist. If someone has the money and the desire to make a site for hosting free speech-protected videos, with built in tools to monetize the content providers’ videos, they could make YouTube into the next “MySpace” (just as broke, and just as irrelevant).
I've signed up at full30. https://www.full30.com/
There's already a few channels moved over. Expect more to follow. Don't know what kind of backing they have, but seems like firearm and accessory manufacturers, the NRA and others who support the 2A need to get behind and support an alternative to "NotYOUtube"

And any 2A supporting company, organization or individual who is paying Google/YouTube for any purpose should cease immediately. No further advertising dollars should flow from freedom and liberty minded Americans into G/YT

karder

Post by karder »

There is a huge amount of truly obscene material on YouTube that seems to be protected under the umbrella of "free speech". Unfortunately, for the left, "free speech" only includes what they agree with.
“While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader.” ― Samuel Adams

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

LucasMcCain wrote:The ban goes into full effect on April 1st. Most firearms related channels could be considered to fall under their new banned content guidelines. You can be sure that any that aren't will be banned shortly thereafter. This isn't going to stop. Any videos you need, go ahead and download now while you still can. My hope is that another viable video streaming site picks up these channels and becomes a robust competitor to youtube. I have no polite words to express my feelings on this subject further.
There is an effort now afoot to do just this.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Firearms/comme ... and_where/

They discuss a tool called youtube-dl that makes downloading videos a breeze.
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

bblhd672 wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
THIS.

I've signed up at full30. https://www.full30.com/
There's already a few channels moved over. Expect more to follow. Don't know what kind of backing they have, but seems like firearm and accessory manufacturers, the NRA and others who support the 2A need to get behind and support an alternative to "NotYOUtube"

And any 2A supporting company, organization or individual who is paying Google/YouTube for any purpose should cease immediately. No further advertising dollars should flow from freedom and liberty minded Americans into G/YT
Yeah, I’m a paid member at both full30.com and at Patreon.com. I’m also a paid member on several other conservative/libertarian content sites like Daily Wire and CRTV. We can gripe and moan all we want about lefty websites throttling non-lefty content and deliberately trying to shut us out of the marketplace of ideas, and we’d be right...... it’s NOT fair..... but if we want what we want, then we need to be willing to shut up and pony up the cost of getting the content we want. It’s infuriating, but there it is.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Take Down Sicko

Post by Take Down Sicko »

Just signed up with Full30. I hope youstupid loses big time.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”