Point And Shoot - Got Any Pointers...?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Abraham
Posts in topic: 3

Point And Shoot - Got Any Pointers...?

Post by Abraham »

In an effort to learn how to point and shoot when aiming is just isn't possible, I've accessed some videos, all of which baffle me.

Some advocate this method, others that, all incomprehensible to me.

Anyone here have good advice on how, step by step this is accomplished without over complication?

Yeah, I can aim and hit, fast or slow, but point and shoot, not so much...so I'd like to learn how to do so with practice...much like I've learned how to shoot one handed, both strong and weak hands...

Thanks!

WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Point And Shoot - Got Any Pointers...?

Post by WTR »

One of the main reasons I don't carry a Glock is for point and shoot. I can't accomplish point and shoot with a Glock and I have too many other pistols I can with.

Topic author
Abraham

Post by Abraham »

WTR,

Pointers...?

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Abraham wrote:In an effort to learn how to point and shoot when aiming is just isn't possible, I've accessed some videos, all of which baffle me.

Some advocate this method, others that, all incomprehensible to me.

Anyone here have good advice on how, step by step this is accomplished without over complication?

Yeah, I can aim and hit, fast or slow, but point and shoot, not so much...so I'd like to learn how to do so with practice...much like I've learned how to shoot one handed, both strong and weak hands...

Thanks!
There’s some good point and shoot videos on YouTube..oops..never mind.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

skeathley

Post by skeathley »

Look at your thumbs. With a proper grip, they will be pointing at the target. Understand that point-and-shoot only works at close distance, about 5 yards or less.

:tiphat:
Texas LTC Instructor / RSO / SSC
Viet Nam Veteran: 25th Infantry, Cu Chi
https://mckinneyfirearmstraining.com

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

I've found that every gun is different and has its own natural point. Getting fairly good with one gun never transfered over to another gun.

I have practiced with a laser and then point and shoot without. Its worked for me. You can do it without a laser, but it took me longer to get a consistant on-point.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

You can get laser training ammo. That's a "cartridge" you put in the chamber of your unloaded pistol. When you pull the trigger, the firing pin hits it and sends a pulse of red laser light that you can see to judge your accuracy.

I have this one: https://www.midwayusa.com/product/33716 ... -cartridge and a .45 ACP adapter. What I like is that it includes a hollow tube that goes down the barrel and puts a red tip so you always know the pistol is safe. I still follow all the rules, but that red tip is a comfort.

It sure saves money on ammo.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Topic author
Abraham

Post by Abraham »

Thanks all!

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”