.45ACP is still my choice for handgun caliber

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Grundy1133

Re: .45ACP is still my choice for handgun caliber

Postby Grundy1133 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:44 pm

1911 Raptor wrote:For arguments sake let’s say a magazine ban passed limiting pistol rounds to 10. Would 10 round capacity change anyone’s preferred caliber?

I'd still carry my 15 Rd mags... :leaving
NRA Member

MechAg94

Postby MechAg94 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:26 am

1911 Raptor wrote:For arguments sake let’s say a magazine ban passed limiting pistol rounds to 10. Would 10 round capacity change anyone’s preferred caliber?

It would change things. If you could only carry 10 round mags with your carry gun, you might be more likely to carry a larger caliber or a smaller gun. Part of the reason I carry 9mm is that I have the ability to carry more ammo in the gun and in the spare magazine(s). I would predict more new carry guns with 10 round max capacity that would either be smaller or use 45 acp instead of 9mm.

You may not change your carry gun if you are used to it.

And I certainly hope nothing like that ever happens in Texas.

SQLGeek

Postby SQLGeek » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:25 pm

I think about every single bromide and phrase used in the last 15 years of the internet forum discussions has been used in this thread.

Oh wait, don't forget: "A .380 in your pocket is better than a .45 in your safe."

Any others? Going once....going twice... :lol:
Psalm 91:2

G26ster

Postby G26ster » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:13 pm

SQLGeek wrote:I think about every single bromide and phrase used in the last 15 years of the internet forum discussions has been used in this thread.

Oh wait, don't forget: "A .380 in your pocket is better than a .45 in your safe."

Any others? Going once....going twice... :lol:

That's because, like every other internet forum, we are in a giant echo chamber of catch phrases and expert opinion, not based on actual experience, but usually based on the poster's reading of numerous other posts on internet foums.Perhaps being able to use popular catch phrases and render expert opinion makes the poster a legend in their own mind :biggrinjester:

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”