New RD Warren Holster

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Re: New RD Warren Holster

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
Sidro wrote:Well thanks to Mr. Cotton the 1911 set is gone, he just cost me $210. :woohoo
I do love spending other people's money!

Chas.
Thank goodness none of them were left handed. :mrgreen:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Take Down Sicko

Post by Take Down Sicko »

I also can attest to Mr Warrens holsters for quality, low price and craftsmanship. Everything everyone has said about Randy is true. He made one for my S&W Shield 9 and its my favorite as well. At 95 dollars its an absolute no brain er.

QB
Posts in topic: 2

Post by QB »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:
Sidro wrote:Well thanks to Mr. Cotton the 1911 set is gone, he just cost me $210. :woohoo
I do love spending other people's money!

Chas.
Thank goodness none of them were left handed. :mrgreen:
Oh that's right, I use left handed holsters.........THANKS GOODNESS I'M SAVED FROM MYSELF :smilelol5:
"You may find me one day dead in a ditch somewhere. But by God, you'll find me in a pile of brass."~~ Tpr. M. Padgett

txhighlander
Posts in topic: 6

Post by txhighlander »

I received my pancake holster for the P-01 today. I see why y’all rave about Mr. Warren, the work is most excellent. Now I will need to purchase matching mag holders.
Truth against the world

carlson1
Posts in topic: 7

Post by carlson1 »

txhighlander wrote:I received my pancake holster for the P-01 today. I see why y’all rave about Mr. Warren, the work is most excellent. Now I will need to purchase matching mag holders.
Just keep rubbing it in. :mrgreen:

txhighlander

Post by txhighlander »

carlson1 wrote:
txhighlander wrote:I received my pancake holster for the P-01 today. I see why y’all rave about Mr. Warren, the work is most excellent. Now I will need to purchase matching mag holders.

Rubbing it in would be sending you a picture with the P01 in it. :biggrinjester:
Truth against the world

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

txhighlander wrote:
carlson1 wrote:

Rubbing it in would be sending you a picture with the P01 in it. :biggrinjester:
:smilelol5: you are right that would be rubbing it in. My marriage is glad you bought that P01.

txhighlander

Post by txhighlander »

Oh mine would be taxed as well but I used the money set aside for the street glide audio upgrade. Now I will have to figure out how to upgrade my tunes without taxing the situation :waiting:
Truth against the world

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

txhighlander has been a step ahead of me for about a month. He bought the holster for the CZ P01 right before I went to the website so I had to wait, BUT it came today and was well worth the wait. I do not OC (except in my office), but this rig will be hard to keep hid.

Mr. Cotton if you want to save my marriage to Mary please mail a check this week. :lol:

EastTexasRancher

Post by EastTexasRancher »

bblhd672 wrote:Every time someone posts about RD Warren holsters I go look at them. So glad he doesn't make them for S&W M&P so I wouldn't be tempted to splurge!
He makes them for the shield.

thelurker
Posts in topic: 3

Post by thelurker »

Could someone please describe the inside of Mr. Warren's hoslters? Is it smooth like you can get on a Tucker holster or is it rough out? Also, how is the fit on a new holster as it relates to retention?

Extra points for a picture looking down into the holster... : )

Thanks!
TSRA Life Member/NRA Endowment Member/Veteran

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

The leather on the inside of mine is smooth. The leather on the inside is so smooth I first thought it was lined. The holster fits like a glove and think the retention is great.

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

thelurker wrote:Could someone please describe the inside of Mr. Warren's hoslters? Is it smooth like you can get on a Tucker holster or is it rough out? Also, how is the fit on a new holster as it relates to retention?

Extra points for a picture looking down into the holster... : )

Thanks!
The inside of all of my Warren holsters are very smooth and the retention is very good. Below are two photos. One shows the inside and the other shows the boning around the trigger guard for retention. I had Randy make this holster without a sweat shield. I don't need them on any holster, but I really didn't want it on a holster for a gun with a Deltapoint Pro.

Chas.

Inside view

Retention boning

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

carlson1 wrote:txhighlander has been a step ahead of me for about a month. He bought the holster for the CZ P01 right before I went to the website so I had to wait, BUT it came today and was well worth the wait. I do not OC (except in my office), but this rig will be hard to keep hid.

Mr. Cotton if you want to save my marriage to Mary please mail a check this week. :lol:

Is the darker color black or dark brown?

Beautiful, BTW. :thumbs2:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”