Modifications to your carry gun. Thoughts?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Modifications to your carry gun. Thoughts?

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

BBYC wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:. If you are justified in using deadly force, the amount of force you put on the trigger to discharge your weapon will not be an issue. It can be an issue if you claim you fired accidentally, but your finger should not be on the trigger until you are willing to shoot.
I agree, assuming you stay in Texas and the political climate doesn't change drastically here.

It varies by state, however Even in states with LTC reciprocity, there may not be similar presumptions of reasonableness written into the penal code.
:iagree:

Chas.

montgomery
Posts in topic: 1

Post by montgomery »

I agree with everyone, but ultimately it is going to come down to how good your legal team and expert witnesses are versus the plaintiff's legal team and expert witnesses.

strogg

Post by strogg »

Some of my carry guns are customized, some are bone stock. As others have said, it shouldn't matter what you do as long as the shooting is justified. I only have two rules about carrying regarding this topic. 1: I always use store-bought defensive loads and never my own loads, and 2: I always carry an unmodified gun across state lines. The former just makes me feel better, since I figure the manufacturers know what they're doing when they make defensive loads. And 2: although I may understand Texas laws, regulation, and enforcement, the same cannot be said about other states. Better safe than sorry.

Topic author
Grundy1133
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Grundy1133 »

oljames3 wrote: I've had my S&W M&P M2.0 for over a year. The trigger is fine. Mastering the fundamentals of shooting is essential. After using my M&P for a year, I replaced the stock sights with Dawson Precision fiber optic sights. For $95, I have sights that work better with my old eyes. The new sights did not magically make me a better shooter, just enabled me to better employ the skills I had already developed.
Mine's the M1. the trigger is awful on the M1s. i hear that with the M2s they improved the trigger a lot due to customer complaints about the trigger lol.
NRA Member

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Grundy1133 wrote:
oljames3 wrote: I've had my S&W M&P M2.0 for over a year. The trigger is fine. Mastering the fundamentals of shooting is essential. After using my M&P for a year, I replaced the stock sights with Dawson Precision fiber optic sights. For $95, I have sights that work better with my old eyes. The new sights did not magically make me a better shooter, just enabled me to better employ the skills I had already developed.
Mine's the M1. the trigger is awful on the M1s. i hear that with the M2s they improved the trigger a lot due to customer complaints about the trigger lol.
You could probably have trigger improvement work done by a gunsmith and not have to replace the entire trigger mechanism.

I have M2.0 in full and compact, as well as a Shield Performance Center. The 2.0 full size and the Shield PC I couldn't ask for better triggers. The 2.0 compact could use some fine tuning on it.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

When it comes to self defense I do not want a fair fight. There is even a quote from someone that says something like, "if you find yourself in a fair fight then you tactics suck."

There's another little joke about a little old lady getting stopped by the police and when asked about having a gun if she thought there was going to be any trouble she responded by saying that if she thought there was going to be trouble she would have brought her rifle. Or something like that.

If you're justified you're justified. There have been many instances where someone used a rifle for self defense and AFAIK were not prosecuted for doing so and not using a handgun or knife instead. Well, at least in the US.

Re: The Harold Fish ordeal.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”