Sig P226 Legion or Sig P226 bi-tone W German

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
ml1209
Posts in topic: 1

Sig P226 Legion or Sig P226 bi-tone W German

Post by ml1209 »

Which would you rather have? The Legion version, or old-school P226 in stamped nickel slide/black alloy frame?

Last edited by ml1209 on Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

oljames3

Re: Sig P226 Legion or Sig P226 bi-tone W German

Post by oljames3 »

Is "neither" an option?
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Liberty
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Liberty »

I've been curious about the Legion, but I wouldn't mind owning either. The truth is though I would never spend that kind of money for a hand gun. The cheaper guns I own are quality enough for me and they cost half as much.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I’ll take the Legion model for $20. Where and when can we meet, and are you including spare mags for it? :lol:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

MaduroBU

Post by MaduroBU »

I finally got my dream gun, a P226 X5 in .40 S&W. With a Bar-Sto 5.7" 357 Sig threaded barrel, it will push a 147 grain bullet at 1400 FPS or 125 grain bullets at 1550. Whenever I see a P226, my opinion is that it's a great design, but if you're going to drop that much money, get the real thing.

Sometimes I shoot twice at 25m and worry that I am suddenly somehow off paper. Angy and confused, I walk out only to find that both bullets cut out the black middle of my orange target stickers (which are 1" in diameter). I thought it was just some strange coincidence until it happened for the third time.

IMHO, the P226 is the finest evolution of what the Hi-Power was built to be. The X5 and X6 are the pinnacle of that design, and are an absolute joy to shoot. If you plan to spend $1400 on a gun, spend $2500 instead and get a used X5.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Old School P226 W. German.

Lena

Post by Lena »

This is what mine is
Old School P226 W. German.

Most dependable pistol I have shot still have box and all papers with target
Stay Safe

Liberty
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Liberty »

It used to be we took pride in "Made in America" are the German made guns superior? I don't mean to be judgemental, just curious if the We are making inferior products to what the Germans are making.

I have tried to make all my gun and ammo purchases American, even if some happen to have some European name. I have some Italian made magazines but I take no pride in that, it's just what happens to work.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Scott B.

Post by Scott B. »

ml1209 wrote:Which would you rather have? The Legion version, or old-school P226 in stamped nickel slide/black alloy frame?

Of the two, I'd take the Legion because that's the SAO version of the 226...and they're very tasty. I'd want a cleaner example of the W. German 226. You could always send it off for refinishing.

Money wise, I prefer the Elites.
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

LDB415

Post by LDB415 »

Nothing looks as good as nickel. Maybe not the deciding factor but hard to beat.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

MechAg94

Post by MechAg94 »

I have the Rex Zero 1. That is close enough for me.

The Legion picture looks pretty nice. I just have mixed history with Sig pistols.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Liberty wrote:It used to be we took pride in "Made in America" are the German made guns superior? I don't mean to be judgemental, just curious if the We are making inferior products to what the Germans are making.

I have tried to make all my gun and ammo purchases American, even if some happen to have some European name. I have some Italian made magazines but I take no pride in that, it's just what happens to work.
I think there are a lot of good gun makers all over the world. There are some American made guns that are very good. Dan Wesson's come to mind. That said, I really like both Walther and Sig. They make extremely accurate and reliable weapons, in general. If you stack the best American made guns against the best foreign made guns, I would take the American made product, hands down. We are talking about custom 1911's and the like. For production guns in the $500's or less retail, I think CZ gives the best bang for the buck. But I do like the S&W Shield line.

To answer your question directly, some American made guns are inferior to what the German's are making, and some are superior.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”