Dick's Sporting Goods to destroy all unsold firearms after Parkland shooting

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Dick's Sporting Goods to destroy all unsold firearms after Parkland shooting

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Liberty wrote:I am a simple man and not an economist but let me see if I understand this correctly.
  • This Dick company owns some AR15s.
    They are opposed to people having the right to own them and wants them unavailable.
    The Destroy all their stock of these weapons of mass destruction.
    These weapons are paid for even though they were never in the public hands.
    The manufactures made their money and people will buy their new AR15s from other places
    This is a profitable action for the gun makers. Destroying the weapons is a minute boost for the gun industry
Unintended consequences. The harder the leftist try, the more they boost the firearms industry.
Yes, basically the gun manufacturers get to sell each gun twice. Instead of them selling one gun to Dick's that is then sold on to an end customer, they sell one gun to Dick's, and then sell a second gun to the end customer. Net result is a wealth transfer from Dicks shareholders to the gun manufacturers, and no reduction in the number of guns available for civilians.

Dick's action does make small minded people "feel" better though. Usually these people are incapable of using logic, so they don't understand the idiocy of their actions. It is rare to see such unintelligent people advance to positions where they are running publicly traded corporations, but I think we now know why Dicks stock is tanking relative to their peers. Like I said, I would expect a shareholder lawsuit to be filed at some point.

Abraham
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Dick's Sporting Goods to destroy all unsold firearms after Parkland shooting

Post by Abraham »

I can't imagine ever stepping foot in one of their stores...for as long as they last...which may not be for very long, we'll see...

Grundy1133
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Grundy1133 »

Abraham wrote:I can't imagine ever stepping foot in one of their stores...for as long as they last...which may not be for very long, we'll see...
Same. I've never been to one and now after this publicity stunt I can tell you 100% I'll NEVER set foot in one unless the building is no longer a dicks. (aptly named company imo... :lol: )
NRA Member

HKMike
Posts in topic: 1

Post by HKMike »

I have a Dick's/Field and Stream about five minutes from my house. How do I know this? I pass it every time I go to Academy or my LGS.

Gunner4640
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Gunner4640 »

They don't sell handguns either at least no me are on the internet
Dave & Wife NRA Members
Too many guns to list> :lol::

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”