Need a more comfortable Glock 43 holster

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
cmgee67
Posts in topic: 2

Need a more comfortable Glock 43 holster

Post by cmgee67 »

For the last 6 months I’ve been carrying in a standard iwb kydex “taco” style holster with pull dot soft loops. It works perfectly and does everything it is suppose to. I like the holster. I would just like a little more comfort. I carry 3-3:30. I have never carried iwb with an all leather holster but I think it would have more comfort. I’d like to try the n82 tactical professional holster. I have heard raving reviews of how comfortable they are. They only design feature that keeps me from one of those is they don’t have a combat cut and you can’t get s full firing grip right out of the gate with one you will have to adjust.

Middle Age Russ
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Need a more comfortable Glock 43 holster

Post by Middle Age Russ »

To me, the ability to get a full firing grip on the gun before drawing is a must-have feature. Any holster lacking this feature is a no-go.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

flechero

Post by flechero »

Do you have the ability to add cant? (lots of kydex are adjustable) a few more degrees of cant and an inch or two rearward on the belt may go from painful to forgetting it's there. It did for me.

I'm also a full firing grip "only" sort of guy.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Why do you need an IWB holster? OWB is always going to be more comfortable than IWB, and as long as you have an untucked shirt, you should still be able to conceal such a small gun just fine (the holster will also be shorter and easier to conceal under an untucked shirt).

mrvmax

Post by mrvmax »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:Why do you need an IWB holster? OWB is always going to be more comfortable than IWB, and as long as you have an untucked shirt, you should still be able to conceal such a small gun just fine (the holster will also be shorter and easier to conceal under an untucked shirt).
I agree, I went to OWB long ago and never looked back. Of course I’m a fat guy so IWB carry is more difficult for me.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

mrvmax wrote:
Soccerdad1995 wrote:Why do you need an IWB holster? OWB is always going to be more comfortable than IWB, and as long as you have an untucked shirt, you should still be able to conceal such a small gun just fine (the holster will also be shorter and easier to conceal under an untucked shirt).
I agree, I went to OWB long ago and never looked back. Of course I’m a fat guy so IWB carry is more difficult for me.
For me, it's my back. I don't notice any pain while carrying IWB, but after a couple days doing so, my back will start hurting constantly. That's with even tiny guns like a Sig P938.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:
mrvmax wrote:
For me, it's my back. I don't notice any pain while carrying IWB, but after a couple days doing so, my back will start hurting constantly. That's with even tiny guns like a Sig P938.
Mrvmax, I used to suffer a lot by carrying IWB slightly behind my hip. Nowadays, when I carry IWB, I carry exclusively Appendix IWB, and it is FAR more comfortable that way. Unexpectedly, I found that it conceals better that way too, with far less printing. .......and I’m a “fat guy” too. The holster I use for my G43 was made for me by my son. I’ve posted pictures of it before on these pages. But you can get one very similar to it from CYA Supply, and at $38, it is very reasonably priced. I have a CYA holster for my G26, and I carry it AIWB that way all the time, and it is still fairly comfortable despite being a wider gun than the G43.

The one my son made for me (with matching mag holder):

The CYA version comes already canted and cannot be adjusted to a vertical grip like I’ve done with this G43 holster; but the cant on my G26 holster from CYA doesn’t seem to make the pistol any more difficult to draw when carried appendix style.

BTW.....I also carry both pistols OWB too. Just pointing out that IWB doesn’t HAVE to be uncomfortable.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
cmgee67

Post by cmgee67 »

My holster is identical to TAM’s. I have soft loops with pull dot snaps on mine tho. Yes my holster is can’t adjustable. It is a comfortable rig but I was curious what’s out there and as stated earlier I need a full firing grip just like the one I’m using. Also I have to carry iwb at work. I would print and expose my gun too much if I was owb. I do too much bending down and moving around for owb to work I wish it could.

mrvmax

Post by mrvmax »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Soccerdad1995 wrote:
mrvmax wrote:
Mrvmax, I used to suffer a lot by carrying IWB slightly behind my hip. Nowadays, when I carry IWB, I carry exclusively Appendix IWB, and it is FAR more comfortable that way. Unexpectedly, I found that it conceals better that way too, with far less printing. .......and I’m a “fat guy” too. The holster I use for my G43 was made for me by my son. I’ve posted pictures of it before on these pages. But you can get one very similar to it from CYA Supply, and at $38, it is very reasonably priced. I have a CYA holster for my G26, and I carry it AIWB that way all the time, and it is still fairly comfortable despite being a wider gun than the G43.

The one my son made for me (with matching mag holder):

The CYA version comes already canted and cannot be adjusted to a vertical grip like I’ve done with this G43 holster; but the cant on my G26 holster from CYA doesn’t seem to make the pistol any more difficult to draw when carried appendix style.

BTW.....I also carry both pistols OWB too. Just pointing out that IWB doesn’t HAVE to be uncomfortable.
I guess I need to try one and see how it is.

couzin

Post by couzin »

Agree - OWB. For my G43 and extra magazine I have a pair of belt slide units by Crossbreed. I wear it daily with no issues.
“Only at the end do you realize the power of the Dark Side.”

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

mrvmax wrote:I guess I need to try one and see how it is.
By the way, check out KYTEX mag carriers for the G43. I have these for my G43, G26, and G19. At $18.95/unit, they’re quite reasonably priced. They’re comfortable to wear, and have held up to daily use for over a year now without showing any signs of wearing out or breaking. They also keep the mags up tight against my side so that they don’t print under shirts. They’re so simple, but so far these are the best of the kydex mag holders that I have tried - particularly for the price.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Hack Job

Post by Hack Job »

When OWB is not an option, I've found Alien Gear to be less uncomfortable for extended periods of IWB carry than other full kydex or leather holsters. AG has adjustable cant and ride height.

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

Hack Job wrote:When OWB is not an option, I've found Alien Gear to be less uncomfortable for extended periods of IWB carry than other full kydex or leather holsters. AG has adjustable cant and ride height.
:iagree:

They also have a full 30 day money back guarantee if your not satisfied. Try their shape shift system. Not much more than many other holsters and you get 4 different configurations with the basic package.AIWB, IWB, OWB belt loop, OWB paddle. Also if you ever switch guns, you only have to by the appropriate shell which I think is only $35.00

comp73

Post by comp73 »

Not sure if this will work for your situation, but if you wear cargo/tactical pants or shorts then the sticky holster might be an option.

https://stickyholsters.com/md-4-medium- ... lster.html

I normally wear tactical pants to work and I've found that the G43 with +2 extension fits perfectly in either of the lower cargo pockets. The smaller velcro pocket on the upper left side holds my spare mag perfectly and the non tab pocket on the upper right side holds my knife.
One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. -Thomas Jefferson

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”