Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Bought a new toy

Post by The Annoyed Man »

MechAg94 wrote:
bblhd672 wrote:
circumspice_tuebor wrote:I picked up mine at my local range last week. Immediately converted it to use Glock mags. Mine shot well with 115, 124 and 147 grain ammo. I noticed quite a bit more gas since the action is closer to your face than a 9mm pistol is.

I have no issue with its function, but oh my! this thing is homely. I hope Magpul produces a better looking stock like they do for the 10/22.
I tried a couple of times to talk to a rep in the Magpul booth at NRA meeting to see if they knew of any plans to make aftermarket stock for the PCC. Neither time could I get any of them to quit talking to each other and pay attention to a customer.

I also talked to Ruger rep who was stationed in front of the PCC's in the Ruger booth about potential additional calibers or models. He just smiled and said because Ruger is public company he was unable to talk about it.
Since they can take Glock magazines, I would think they could adapt the design to fit pretty much any caliber Glock makes pistols for. The question is can it be done with a new barrel and bolt or not.
One of the YouTube reviews I saw speculated about caliber swap kits, noting that a barrel and carrier assembly swap would be all that is needed, and that it seemed to have been deliberately designed with that in mind. It would seem to be a natural fit. The rental unit I handled had a nice crisp trigger with not too much weight. Seat of the pants impression was about 4.5-5 lbs with a clean break and a reasonably short reset. Plastic furniture notwithstanding, I was very impressed with the fit and finish, and I really liked the iron sights. (I’m a big fan of ghost ring / peep-type rear sights.) If I can get my hands on one, I’ve already got a Primary Arms RDS set aside to mount on it if I need to supplement the iron sights......but God willing and the creek don’t rise, I’ll be fine with iron sights after this Friday, when I have my dominant eye’s cataracts removed and a fancy new lens inserted.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”