Is the HK P30 as robust as the USP?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
ml1209
Posts in topic: 2

Is the HK P30 as robust as the USP?

Post by ml1209 »

Just wondering if they're made to the same standard, or if the USP is the toughest semi-auto handgun ever made.

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Is the HK P30 as robust as the USP?

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

ml1209 wrote:Just wondering if they're made to the same standard, or if the USP is the toughest semi-auto handgun ever made.
I don't know about your first question. The answer to your second question is "no". Believe it or not, but there are semi-auto handguns made out of things that are tougher than plastic. Things like steel, for instance.

Topic author
ml1209
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ml1209 »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:
ml1209 wrote:Just wondering if they're made to the same standard, or if the USP is the toughest semi-auto handgun ever made.
I don't know about your first question. The answer to your second question is "no". Believe it or not, but there are semi-auto handguns made out of things that are tougher than plastic. Things like steel, for instance.

In light of your answer, my question still stands. :mrgreen:

Allons

Post by Allons »

Soccerdad1995 wrote:
:lol:: Funny Soccerdad1995
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

SigM4

Post by SigM4 »

While I’ve never owned a USP, I’ve shot them extensively, my best friend has a 9 and a 45 that he uses as his suppressor hosts. That said he (and I) both carry P30s (or P30sks) daily. I have a full size in both 9 and 40. While the USPs are definitely robust, it’s partly because they have the ergonomics of a 2x4. The P30 to me is the natural evolution of the HK handgun (the P2000 being between the two). It’s somewhat lighter simply because it has the hard edges of the USP rounded off and/or contoured.

But to your original question, is it as robust? I haven’t seen anything in my years of ownership that would suggest it wasn’t. Same goes for the HK45 that I use as one of my suppressor hosts.
Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”