Daniel Defense - Friend or Foe

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
cyphertext
Posts in topic: 15

Daniel Defense - Friend or Foe

Post by cyphertext »

Stopped by the Daniel Defense booth at the NRA convention this morning. Was surprised that they would not let my 19 yr old son register for the drawing for a rifle... said that he had to be 21. So he's old enough to purchase their product, but too young for their marketing?

C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Daniel Defense - Friend or Foe

Post by C-dub »

And you didn't ask them why?
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

cmgee67
Posts in topic: 1

Post by cmgee67 »

I have never shot or much less held a DD rifle but I will tell you this if I am spending serious coin on one I’ll be buying a POF. They make the best production AR’s I’ve ever seen. I stayed at their booth this weekend for a long time.

Topic author
cyphertext

Post by cyphertext »

C-dub wrote:And you didn't ask them why?
Started to, but my son said forget it... didn't want to waste his time at the convention. But not sure that there is a valid why when every other booth let him sign up for the drawings for long guns. He just couldn't sign up for the handguns because of his age and their inability to transfer to him.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 3

Post by mojo84 »

Would this one incident/decision justify considering them a "foe"?
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

mojo84 wrote:Would this one incident/decision justify considering them a "foe"?
I guess that would depend on whether or not this was an isolated event, a new policy, or a mistake.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

I personally wouldn't" sell a gun to someone under 21, unless I knew them very well. But I wouldn't sell a gun to a nonLTC holder unless I knew them well.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Topic author
cyphertext

Post by cyphertext »

They have had others... The gun community has responded to them on another gun control issue that they supported and the CEO apologized and walked back his comments, so not so sure it is isolated.

Copied from their FB page...

Message from Marty Daniel:

Friends,

First and foremost, let me say that I have heard your voices. I put out a statement on Friday, supporting Senate Bill S.2135 also known as the Fix NICS Act. I have received overwhelming feedback since putting out this statement, which has brought to my attention that there are significant and justified concerns regarding this bill. I can no longer in good conscience put my support behind S.2135.

I released the original statement because I believed it was the best option available at this time to hold back the continued attacks on the Second Amendment and the erosion of our rights. I was wrong.

Let me be very clear:

• My life’s work is to protect an individual’s right to keep and bear arms by holding our lawmakers accountable to the Second Amendment.

• I believe that all firearms laws that limit the rights of law abiding citizens are unconstitutional.

• I will never support any legislation which infringes on any individuals rights, and could potentially subvert due process.

• Myself, my Family, and Daniel Defense love and serve our Veterans every day. I would never support a legislative measure which would strip them of their rights based on their history of service and sacrifice.

Thank you to everyone who reached out and voiced your concerns. You are a motivated and passionate group of people which I am proud to call my peers, my friends, and my family. We are all united in one fight – the fight to support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America. I will never turn my back on you. I stand with you and I am ready to continue to fight for our rights.

-Marty

Topic author
cyphertext

Post by cyphertext »

Liberty wrote:
I personally wouldn't" sell a gun to someone under 21, unless I knew them very well. But I wouldn't sell a gun to a nonLTC holder unless I knew them well.
But are you in the business of manufacturing and selling guns?

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

cyphertext wrote:
Liberty wrote:
But are you in the business of manufacturing and selling guns?
Nope!
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

skeathley

Post by skeathley »

I believe in some states one has to be 21 to buy a rifle, just not in Texas. There were people at NRAAM from all over. That might be the reason for that policy.
Texas LTC Instructor / RSO / SSC
Viet Nam Veteran: 25th Infantry, Cu Chi
https://mckinneyfirearmstraining.com

rotor
Posts in topic: 4

Post by rotor »

On the other hand they do offer a military-veteran discount. I would bet that this is because some states require age 21 to buy a rifle.

jb2012

Post by jb2012 »

Could it have anything to do with it being a raffle?

Topic author
cyphertext

Post by cyphertext »

skeathley wrote:I believe in some states one has to be 21 to buy a rifle, just not in Texas. There were people at NRAAM from all over. That might be the reason for that policy.
No other vendor that had drawings for rifles had that issue. And per the data at Giffords Law Center, only Hawaii and Illinois require you to be 21 to purchase a rifle.

http://lawcenter.giffords.org/gun-laws/ ... age/#state

Topic author
cyphertext

Post by cyphertext »

jb2012 wrote:Could it have anything to do with it being a raffle?
Wasn't a raffle, was a drawing... no purchase necessary. My son purchased a ticket for a raffle from another vendor.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”