Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Optic Zero

Post by WTR »

I've been watching a few shooting shows today and they infer that you can take a scope or other optic, pull it out of your bag, snap it on your AR and you are zeroed and good to go. That is not my experience but I have not used any new systems. Do you all find this to be true or just commercial puffing?

Allons
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Optic Zero

Post by Allons »

Not mine either, was at the range today with new sightmark red dot wolverine and did not work for me. It took 4 groups of 3 or 12 rounds before I was zeroed. After that I was good.
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

Topic author
WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

Allons wrote:Not mine either, was at the range today with new sightmark red dot wolverine and did not work for me. It took 4 groups of 3 or 12 rounds before I was zeroed. After that I was good.
They make it look so quick and easy, I thought I may need to invest in some modern sight systems.

Allons
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Allons »

Everybody's eyes are different there is no way everyone could be zeroed out of the box.
NRA Member
US Army 1988-1999

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Post by The Annoyed Man »

BOBRO mounts guarantee return to within .5 MOA of zero - which is why I use them almost exclusively on my AR/battle rifle optics. I currently have one for my ACOG, for a Aimpoint T2 Micro, and for the 4-16x50 Viper PST on my SCAR 17. They are absolutely worth the price. In a comparison test I read a long time ago, comparing the BOBRO and several other high-end mounts, and in actual testing, the BOBRO was the most repeatable, averaging a return to within .1 MOA of zero. I no longer have a link to that test, but if I can find it again, I’ll gladly provide it. They are Texas-made too.

https://swfa.com/mounts-rings-and-bases ... rand=Bobro

BOBRO mount on my SCAR:

BOBRO mount on my SBR:

BOBRO on my A4 replica:

I have another one like the one on the SCAR, which I’m holding onto for another build some day.

Here is a link to an article which quotes from the above comparison I mentioned: http://cockedandlockedguns.com/top-rate ... and-bobro/.

......and here’s the original article. Page 98 of this back issue of Recoil Web: http://mist.breg.si/gunsUSA.pdf
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

The mounting system I saw advertised is by Kinetics. Pricy but good reviews.

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”