Glock Guy's and Girls what do you think?

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Glock Guy's and Girls what do you think?

Post by The Annoyed Man »

”here’s a pin in the triggers of Glocks that keeps the safety in place, and the pin had actually worked itself out to the side of the gun to the point that it was sticking out far enough that when he stuck (the gun) in the holster, the pin caught the edge of the holster and pulled the trigger back,” Wessling said.
Sounds like a maintenance issue to me. Even Glocks need periodic maintenance checks just to verify that everything is in working order.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

flechero
Posts in topic: 3

Post by flechero »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
”here’s a pin in the triggers of Glocks that keeps the safety in place, and the pin had actually worked itself out to the side of the gun to the point that it was sticking out far enough that when he stuck (the gun) in the holster, the pin caught the edge of the holster and pulled the trigger back,” Wessling said.
Sounds like a maintenance issue to me. Even Glocks need periodic maintenance checks just to verify that everything is in working order.
Wouldn't that pin have stuck him in the finger while shooting? (I guess it could have moved towards the weak side and not been felt)

If (and that's a big if) it "broke loose" and came out during a string of fire, I could see not catching it... I know I don't look the gun over before each reholster...

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

flechero wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
Wouldn't that pin have stuck him in the finger while shooting? (I guess it could have moved towards the weak side and not been felt)

If (and that's a big if) it "broke loose" and came out during a string of fire, I could see not catching it... I know I don't look the gun over before each reholster...
I found myself wondering if perhaps it was not one of the other pins in the FRAME that might have worked its way out, for example the locking block pin or the trigger pin? I had the trigger pin work its way out on one of my Glocks after some gunsmithing work. It can happen. Who knows where the individual may have placed his finger if the trigger pin caught on the edge of his (presumably) Kydex holster and prevented him from reholstering?
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

rotor

Post by rotor »

I looked at my Glock 26 and lets assume that the pin worked it's way out all the way to the left but not completely fallen out. The trigger still will not fire unless the trigger safety and trigger are pushed simultaneously. So if the pin alone was caught on something that would not cause the trigger safety to be pressed then the gun would not fire. So, my conclusion is that this could not have been the way it fired and this person came up with an ingenious but false excuse.

John Galt

Post by John Galt »

Abraham wrote:This is a never ending story.

I shot myself by being careless, now how can I wheedle out of admitting it was my fault?
:smash: :smash:

treadlightly

Post by treadlightly »

First up, I respect anyone's decision to carry any modern handgun. Use what works.

A handgun with a light, short-throw trigger and no independent safety adds detail to the manual of arms.

When I carried a P320, I never could shake a little worry about the sides of the trigger dragging on the Kydex or my IWB holster backing. I was much more comfortable carrying it in a hard OWB holster that wasn't under any compression from my belt.

Feel free to call me a doofus. Whatever you carry, be respectful of the gun.

flechero
Posts in topic: 3

Post by flechero »

treadlightly wrote:
Feel free to call me a doofus. Whatever you carry, be respectful of the gun.
Definitely not a doofus- a "healthy dose" of fear or respect of things has saved many a life and 100 fold in accidents! :tiphat:

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”