Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Paladin
Posts in topic: 2

Mother and son shot during violent home invasion in SE Hou

Post by Paladin »

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/news/010405 ... asion.html

Looks like this happened near Hobby Airport.

"The attempted break-in happened around 6:30am Tuesday at The Cove apartment complex in on Windmill near Windwater in southeast Houston. Neighbors at the complex say they heard at least three gunshots and Houston police think this may have been an intended home invasion.

An 11-year-old boy and his mother, Regina Hearst, 31, along with one of the suspects, Marcus Brown, 12, were injured during the violent home invasion.
Witnesses say three men kicked in the front door and began shooting. The mother and son were both struck, while the father, Eric Milburn, was able to get his gun and return fire.

One of the suspects was critically injured after being shot in the head. Witnesses say the father then walked outside where the suspect had collapsed and he shot him again.

"I looked out the window and I saw the guy reload his pistol, come back out of his apartment, shoot the guy again and my wife had seen two guys running off. I didn't see them," said eyewitness Rex Shanks.

"(There's) some indication maybe that he was followed home by the suspects. The suspects either picked him up somewhere and then followed him home," said Lt. D.L Robertson with the Houston Police Department homicide division.

Police have recovered a semi-automatic pistol believed to be a suspect's weapon.

The mother and child are both in stable condition. In fact, Hearst was seen walking around the scene shortly after police arrived. The boy gave a thumbs up as he was being loaded onto the ambulance. They are expected to be OK. Brown is said to be in very critical condition.

Police are still trying to track down the other gunmen. No charges are expected to be filed against Milburn. "
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

dws1117
Posts in topic: 1

Post by dws1117 »

I am all for people protecting themselves from critters that come in uninvited, but following the "suspect" outside and shooting him again after he is down seems a little close to the line.

Chalk one up for the good guys. It seems that everyone, except the "suspect" will recover from thier wounds. I hope no charges get filed against the father for protecting his family.

Topic author
Paladin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Paladin »

I think the final shot at Marcus Brown could be justified legally on the basis that he still had a gun and was a known threat.

I'm sure in NYC, the 'authorities' would be loudly denouncing it as vigilantism :roll:

If some little punks broke into my home for no reason and shot my wife and (theortical) child, I couldn't say exactly where I'd stop.

My other thought is that it's pretty sad that 12 year olds are out there trying to murder a family of 3 for no apparent reason.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Bubba
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Bubba »

[quote="Paladin"]I think the final shot at Marcus Brown could be justified legally on the basis that he still had a gun and was a known threat.
Nuf said.

I'm sure in NYC, the 'authorities' would be loudly denouncing it as vigilantism
Who cares what the liberals think ? I don't !

If some little punks broke into my home for no reason and shot my wife and (theortical) child, I couldn't say exactly where I'd stop.
Me either and I'm thankful that I haven't had to cross that bridge !
.[/quote]

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”