Frisco - Brain surgeon shot at 8 PM with the family home awake.

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 4
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Frisco - Brain surgeon shot at 8 PM with the family home awake.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

[https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/crime ... 346a2f3082][/url]

I know the guy who lives in this house.

The bad guy was from NRH (North Richland Hills), which is 39 miles from the house he home invaded.

This is an example of an error in the victim selection process. The bad guy noticed that the lights were on in the house at 800 PM.
He theorized that the residents were asleep, and had simply forgotten to turn their lights off. Mensa quality reasoning.

The father in the household drew his firearm on him, and was holding him for Frisco PD, but the bad guy got frisky, so Dad had to shoot him.

Don't do drugs kids. Don't listen to Lucifer either. Over and out.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

Ruark
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Frisco - Brain surgeon shot at 8 PM with the family home awake.

Post by Ruark »

I'm good with that shoot, but I've often wondered about the legality of "holding somebody at gunpoint" like that, if he tries to leave. So the perp says "OK, OK, I'll leave...." and starts to leave, so you shoot him....? I'm wondering if a prosecutor could go to town with that.
-Ruark

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

Ruark wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:31 pm I'm good with that shoot, but I've often wondered about the legality of "holding somebody at gunpoint" like that, if he tries to leave. So the perp says "OK, OK, I'll leave...." and starts to leave, so you shoot him....? I'm wondering if a prosecutor could go to town with that.
That’s why you politely tell the police that you need to speak to your attorney before answering any questions.

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Love a happy ending! :cheers2:

Difficult to believe the perp didn't think people were home. Perhaps more likely the young satanist had some very sick designs on the occupants of the home.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Jose_in_Dallas

Post by Jose_in_Dallas »

Title of this was a little misleading, I thought the homeowner was shot? Not sure who the brain surgeon was? Either way, I agree, I wouldn't have held him at gun point. Especially if you are shooting the bad guy in the back. If he wants to leave, let him leave rather than get into a "bad shooting". In today's environment, you never know what kind of DA you are going to get or what his agenda is.

Reading this make me glad that BG's (bad guys) never know what they might get. Sounds like he was pretty unstable and no telling what he might have done if he had gotten into the house undetected. This is the very reason why I always carry a gun, even at home, or have one right next to me if it's not attached to my hip. Also always a good idea to have a fur buddy that can alert you of something going on outside. My dog hears plenty of things I am not aware of. When somethings gets his attention, it gets my attention.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Jose_in_Dallas wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:26 am …Also always a good idea to have a fur buddy that can alert you of something going on outside. My dog hears plenty of things I am not aware of. When somethings gets his attention, it gets my attention.
:iagree: I have two Golden Retrievers. One is my service dog. They hear things before my cameras go off. It happened just today at around 4:30PM.

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

carlson1 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 1:49 am
Jose_in_Dallas wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:26 am …Also always a good idea to have a fur buddy that can alert you of something going on outside. My dog hears plenty of things I am not aware of. When somethings gets his attention, it gets my attention.
:iagree: I have two Golden Retrievers. One is my service dog. They hear things before my cameras go off. It happened just today at around 4:30PM.
I have a 80 lb golden retriever that loves everyone and a 110 lb pit bull mix that likes no one outside of his family. AS Carl said, they are my 1st alert before alarms and cameras. They are also my 1st defense as well. The pitty will take them down and eat them and the golden will take them down and drown them with slobbery kisses :mrgreen:
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

Ruark wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:31 pm I'm good with that shoot, but I've often wondered about the legality of "holding somebody at gunpoint" like that, if he tries to leave. So the perp says "OK, OK, I'll leave...." and starts to leave, so you shoot him....? I'm wondering if a prosecutor could go to town with that.
"But Officer, he looked like he was reaching in his waist band for a gun I was afraid that he was going to try to kill me because I could identify him.." I would prefer the other advice - only speak with my lawyer present.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Jose_in_Dallas

Post by Jose_in_Dallas »

chasfm11 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:54 am "But Officer, he looked like he was reaching in his waist band for a gun I was afraid that he was going to try to kill me because I could identify him.." I would prefer the other advice - only speak with my lawyer present.
In this day and age, you better make dang sure you are describing it exactly like it happened. With the proliferation of home security cameras, and EVERYBODY has a really good camera on their phones, you never know who's recording what's happening. And I agree with not giving a statement if at all possible until consultation by a lawyer. LEO's are granted a day or two (from what I remember) to give a statement and civilians should be afforded the same. Many times, in the heat of the moment, people remember things differently even though it just happened.

Everybody should take the Massad Ayoob MAG-40 class. The shooting portion if very good but usually handled by a MAG training. Massad handles the actual classroom portion dealing with who civilians handle shootings from the legal aspect. He's getting up there in age and no telling when he will stop giving this class. I've taken it once a few years back, I want to try and take it again sometime soon.

MAG20 / Classroom – Armed Citizen’s Rules of Engagement
https://massadayoobgroup.com/mag-20-classroom/

Topic author
surprise_i'm_armed
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Jose in Dallas:

By "brain surgeon" in my title, I was satirizing the lack of sense the home invader possessed.

No actual brain surgeons were harmed during the creation of this thread. :-)

SIA.

Jose_in_Dallas

Post by Jose_in_Dallas »

surprise_i'm_armed wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 2:19 pm Jose in Dallas:

By "brain surgeon" in my title, I was satirizing the lack of sense the home invader possessed.

No actual brain surgeons were harmed during the creation of this thread. :-)

SIA.
LOL! OK I get it. My work brain had me confused at the time.

Topic author
surprise_i'm_armed

Jose in Dallas:

You sound like a very versatile guy.......one brain for work, the other brain for when you are off work!!

SIA

Jose_in_Dallas

Post by Jose_in_Dallas »

surprise_i'm_armed wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:03 pm Jose in Dallas:

You sound like a very versatile guy.......one brain for work, the other brain for when you are off work!!

SIA
When you are working 12-14 hour days in a corporate environment, work brain tends to take over.

Topic author
surprise_i'm_armed

I have seen the perp's mugshot, but I may or may not be able to post it on this thread.

He is an Anglo, looks middle class, 6'1", 155 pounds.
His face is bruised around his nose.

As he rushed into the house, 1 of the bullets fired by Dad hit the fish tank and the perp cut himself on the broken glass.

When Dad heard the window break, he circled around to the backyard and got the drop on the perp. The perp then was rushing into the house where multiple family members were. Dad used his 9MM and shot him in the back. The mugshot shows the perp to be looking pretty good.

Another male member of the house had a .40, but did not fire.

Return to “Never Again!!”