7-11 Robbery Suspect Failed

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
carlson1
Posts in topic: 1

7-11 Robbery Suspect Failed

Post by carlson1 »

Robbery suspect picked a bad place at a bad time. He want try this again for a while. Police showed up and acted quickly.

Paladin

Re: 7-11 Robbery Suspect Failed

Post by Paladin »

Nice! The video alludes to the armed robbers having hit a number of other stores. I've heard felons say they committed 1,000 felonies before they had to face justice. For every armed robber off the street, it is likely that tens, hundreds or even a thousand people are protected.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

PriestTheRunner

Post by PriestTheRunner »

Paladin wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:12 pm Nice! The video alludes to the armed robbers having hit a number of other stores. I've heard felons say they committed 1,000 felonies before they had to face justice. For every armed robber off the street, it is likely that tens, hundreds or even a thousand people are protected.
Despite the news (and our awareness of dangers out there), there is actually a VERY small statistical amount of violent criminals out there. Ignoring theft and non-contact crime (which do still hurt people but not quite the same if you know what I'm getting at), violent criminality currently not in prison is only about 6,300 people across the WHOLE state.

Texas 2020 Violent crimes: 131,084 in 2020 which is 422 per 100,000 inhabitants (including Houston, Austin, Dallas, San Antonio, Etc). However those crimes seem to only be committed by about 21 violent criminals per 100,000 people (this is taken from the total crimes vs criminal cases comparison of 64659 vs 64,659). Those numbers promote about a 20-crime per criminal per year average, but its easy to see how a life of criminality (as in a gang), one could commit hundreds of felonies or more before facing justice.

To use Tyler Tx as an example, if Tyler PD picks up and jails an average of 35 violent criminal a year, then they are fully protecting 165,000 people (IE all of Tyler). Then you have to consider that most of the Tyler metroplex's crime is within city limits, which means Tyler PD, Whitehouse, Lindale, Etc can pick up about 40 or so violent criminals a year and therefore protect over 900,000 in the greater Tyler metroplex. And all this is using the Texas state per capita violent crime, which is higher than the localized East Texas / Tyler metroplex per capita violent crime.

The fact of the matter is, outside of certain areas of Dallas and Houston, Texas has very little violent crime to no violent crime depending on the area.

Also important to know, CRIME IS DRASTICALLY DOWN from 30 years ago. Grabbers and media pushers do not want to highlight this fact but its true.

As far as having our rights restored regarding the carrying of personal defensive weapons (EG pistols) since the 90s in various states, I would venture to say that had a HUGE reduction in crime rates.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

West Covina is a town neighboring the one I grew up in—Glendora. Not that it matters, but I found it interesting.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Never Again!!”