Muscle Reflexes work!!

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
too-tall
Posts in topic: 2

Muscle Reflexes work!!

Post by too-tall »

Not really a life or death thing but.......
I carry my H-P in a Milt Sparks EX. IWB holster. I am constantly putting in on and taking it off. One day at the range I decided to practice some drawing from the holster and firing.

You guessed it. The first time I "drew" my handgun, I had unsnapped and drew holster and all. Just like I have done hundreds of timeas before. Glad only my buddy was there....lol.

Too Tall
" Behind every silver lining,
there is a cloud..." NRA Life Member

SRVA

Post by SRVA »

Too-Tall, Sorry we did not have video running of that one. Would have been great. I'm sure we all have similar stories.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

With the Sparks Ex., an attacker may mistakenly think you're handing him your wallet. Wouldn't he be surprised!

Chas.

Baytown

Post by Baytown »

Then you can try and confuse him more by shoving a cell phone up into the mag well! :P

Glenn

Topic author
too-tall
Posts in topic: 2

Post by too-tall »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:With the Sparks Ex., an attacker may mistakenly think you're handing him your wallet. Wouldn't he be surprised!

Chas.
Yeah, then when he grabs the "wallet", he will pull the holster off the handgun.....
This just may work!!!

Too Tall
" Behind every silver lining,
there is a cloud..." NRA Life Member

dws1117

Post by dws1117 »

Something like this needs to be in a movie.

How different would the movie [/i]Ghost have been if the scene where Patrick Swaze was killed had somelike this happen. Of course, with a successful self defense situation, the movie would have been a lot shorter. Heck then I wouldn't mind sitting through that version with the wife. :lol:

bburgi

Post by bburgi »

-----
Last edited by bburgi on Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rich

Post by Rich »

bburgi wrote:Just read this post and remembered a similar experience I had when I first started shooting.

I had just gotten my first semi-auto handgun (my current carry piece - Glock 23) and I had been practicing dry-firing at home all week. Finally the weekend came, and I had time to go hit the range. Fired my first shot and before I know it my hand goes up and racks the slide! My muscle memory had already gotten used to racking the slide after each shot to reset the trigger... I learned a good lesson that day about training how you fight!
Yeap, I can relate to this. :oops:

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

Above posts are so true. This is the reason you need to train all the way through the call in & first statement to LE about needing to calm down & talk w/ your lawyer.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

isa268

Post by isa268 »

i had been practicing mag changes and sling-shoting the slide rather then pressing the slide stop on my 1911.

so every time i did a tac. reload with one already in the pipe I'd rack that live round out. :lol:
SW1911SC, SW642, M&P Shield 9mm, Caracal F, SuperNova Tactical, M&P22, SKS, AR15, Tavor, Winchester .22lr.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

GSchretter

Post by GSchretter »

Amen brother.

Had the same thing kind of happen to me.

Tried my S&W 342 with a paddle at the gun range.

The gun stuck in the holester and I pulled the holster and my underwear out.

Can you say wedgey

But hey I looked cool when I did it.

Return to “Never Again!!”