Could have been worse

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
elpaso45
Posts in topic: 1

Could have been worse

Post by elpaso45 »

Had the Christmas from hell last year. Flew to Kentucky to bring daughter and granddaughter home while son in law went to Korea. Drove back to El Paso on the 28th. Stopped at the Holiday Inn South in Fort Worth on the 29th of Dec. After a 12 hour drive, I decided I needed a little relaxation so I had a beer with dinner. Since I was drinking I left my concealed carry gun in the room. Daughter went down to the car to get something for the baby and came back in tears; someone had center punched her car door. I went down to get the insurance papers to report the accident. While bent over, I heard a voice, turned around, and was facing two guys, one with a gun.

They got my wallet with about 200 bucks in it but didn't get my credit card. Moral of the story? Be situationally aware no matter what. If I had NOT had the beer, I would have been carrying and most likely would have been looking for trouble when I went into the parking lot.

Afterward, got a letter from the hotel's insurance company saying they had taken all reasonable precautions to protect me. Suuurrrreeee. Remember Holiday Inn South in Fort Worth is NOT safe.

Return to “Never Again!!”