So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 1

Posts in the "Never Again" forum

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

We are getting a large number of posts in the "Never Again" section that should be posted elsewhere. As noted in the sticky for that section, it is intended for stories about lessons the poster has learned and his/her commitment to never let it happen again.

We’re seeing a lot of posts about events that have nothing to do with this goal. They typically deal with events none of us want to see happen again, but those should be posted either in one of the General forums, or the Off Topic forum.

Here is a reminder of the subject matter for the “Never Again” forum:
One of my flying magazines (AOPA Pilot) has a regular monthly column entitled "Never Again." In it are stories of close calls for pilots, most of whom made a subtle but critical mistake, or series of mistakes, that almost cost them their lives. Many times I've read Never Again stories and thought how easy it would have been to make the same mistake.

Well, let's take a cue from the flyboys, tell a few stories on ourselves, laugh a bit, and hopefully we can all learn something! But remember, this is a "G" rated forum. :lol:

Also, I'm going to move a couple of posts to this new forum.

Chas.
Thanks,
Chas.

P.S. I'm going to post this is the "Never Again" forum as well.

AEA
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Posts in the "Never Again" forum

Post by AEA »

I just posted a news story about a drive by shooting at Texas Southern in the "Never Again" forum.

I could not find a suitable place to post it. Maybe there should be a "News" Forum?
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

AEA wrote:I just posted a news story about a drive by shooting at Texas Southern in the "Never Again" forum.

I could not find a suitable place to post it. Maybe there should be a "News" Forum?
Post like these have been posted lately in the Off Topic area and seems to work well. Your post has been moved. :thumbs2:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

AEA
Posts in topic: 2

Post by AEA »

Thanks Keith! :tiphat:
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

Lena

Post by Lena »

Shooting rifle grenades (HE) from the shoulder with an M1 Garand set for max distance we saw it in a manual and I had a much higher rank officer friend that said he knew where 2 were we could shoot for a demo in AMU so we or I did. Never felt that kind of recoil before or since, back blast was also horrible, do not shoot from shoulder.
Stay Safe

Return to “Never Again!!”