It's important to keep track of more than just your firearm

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
age_ranger
Posts in topic: 2

It's important to keep track of more than just your firearm

Post by age_ranger »

Just after having lunch with my 6 yr old Birthday Girl at school, I had spoke with my wife and we decided to swap cars since I took a half day off and could pick up the kids after school. Well, I re-holstered and swapped vehicles. Got my extra mag.......pistol......all is well. I headed to the local post office to mail off some things and left the pistol (groan) in the car....while standing in line I realized I didn't have my wallet.

There I was, standing in the post office with no wallet, loaded pistol in the car and a handfull of packages I had wrapped at the post office using their boxes.

I unwrapped it all and headed to the car, unloaded the pistol at the end of the parking lot and stowed it in the back.....headed to teh wifes school and got my wallet, loaded back up in yet another parking lot and headed back to the post office to start all over.

It all comes down to making sure you don't forget the important things and keeping track of your CHL as well as your pistol and personal belongings. It would have been really exciting if someone had called in a man in a car with a gun...........and me with no ID/CHL. So, buck up campers and learn from this mistake. Don't forget the important stuff.
http://www.berettaforum.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just remember: Your very best thinking got you where you are now!!!

JLaw
Posts in topic: 1

Post by JLaw »

JLaw

j1132s

Post by j1132s »

Hey, don't feel bad.
We forget to carry money a lot of times. In fact so often that we started to keep "emergency" cash in the car to avoid going back home. Now, we keep an "emergency" credit card there instead of cash because we often find the cash wasn't enough. Kind of pathetic, but memory isn't what it used to be.

Cosmo 9

Post by Cosmo 9 »

There must have been something in the air!
Tuesday I left work, got half way home and realized I had left behind
wallet
watch
ring
KAHR PM9!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes I turned around and fought 635 traffic twice.
These Pretzels are making me thirsty!

Will938

Post by Will938 »

I once had to pickup a bunch of drunk minors at a house else they'd be arrested. So I swapped my truck for my dad's suburban and headed over. I knew I'd be asked for ID and then oops, I forgot that my dad kept a revolver in the truck. I didn't want to show the CHL because who knows when you're gonna get the officer that thinks "omg you were going to have a loaded weapon around those drunk peopel?!"

It ended up working out, when I got there I got out and approached them. So when they asked for my ID the firearm was in the car and I only had to show the drivers license.

casselthief
Banned

Post by casselthief »

Cosmo 9 wrote:Yes I turned around and fought 635 traffic twice.
for that, you have both my condolences and applause.
:cool:
"Good, Bad, I'm the guy with the gun..."

MrDrummy

Post by MrDrummy »

We were on the road last week, traveling from a show in Dallas, to a show in Ada, Ok. Well, we hit the Red River, and I pulled over to get a drink at a gas station, and ...where was my wallet? My CHL!? My DL? OH NO!

So I had been traveling without my CHL most of the day, my Kimber loaded in my coat pocket.

Ugh.

Talk about the bottom of your stomach dropping out. I unloaded the gun, locked it in a drum case, and rode in the passenger seat, wondering how I could be so forgetful.

I think that January has been stupid month for me. Luckily tomorrow is February!

Topic author
age_ranger
Posts in topic: 2

Post by age_ranger »

I did it again yesterday but had only misplaced my license. Luckily, It was in my coat pocket but I wonder what would happen if I had lost my license? If I'm carrying and am asked for ID and only have my CHL, then what? We supposed to have another form of ID besides our CHL?
http://www.berettaforum.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just remember: Your very best thinking got you where you are now!!!

Return to “Never Again!!”