So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Littoria
Posts in topic: 3

Austin, Texas - odd encounter.

Post by Littoria »

So this happened a few months ago.

My girlfriend and I were spending a few days in Austin.
I for one, love the city.. but this encounter made me realize how unprepared I am for the Austin culture.
Gf and I were walking down south congress looking for a place to eat. Not finding any of the walk in Diners appetizing, we decided to walk across the street to the trailers.
Once there we noticed we were the only ones on that side aside from the people in the trailers doing their own stuff.
As we are standing on the side walk far enough from the trailers to view them all at once, this young lady ran fast right behind us from the south towards the north.
By the time we turn around to follow her, a large man runs past us as well.
As they crossed one of the streets that hit south congress without getting struck by any of the cars, the guy catches up to the girl and slams her to the ground and gets on top of her.
between the "what the heck" and the "Hell no" that went through my head, I found myself running towards them.
The man gets up and starts walking slowly away while the lady remained on the ground not moving...
Meanwhile two other girls turn the corner and start walking south on south congress.
At this point the man starts chasing them towards me... well us.. I now realize my girlfriend is right by my side.
The two girls pass the girl on the ground, and after short they reach us.
THe guy is still running behind them, and im thinking whats wrong with the dude going around knocking out women..
As the girls pass us, they say:
"Run!!! Hes a zombie"

....what?!?!?

So I immediately stop in my tracks, "seriously?!"
The lady on the ground starts to get up and limp towards us with a zombie like walk...

This all happened in a matter of seconds. Im glad those two girls said what they said.. bc in all honesty.. this guy was much larger than I am..
I mean of course I could have taken him... lol
But wow, thats all I could say when I realized what was going on.
It could have turned out much worse.
I joked with my gf: you cant do this in houston, youd get shot.

IdK, I was unprepared for that event.

After my gf had a talk about why she was following me, we agreed that in the future one of us should immediately call the police instead of both of us trying to help.
I suppose I should have said "call the police" the moment I took off.

Thoughts anyone??

jmra
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Austin, Texas - odd encounter.

Post by jmra »

Thoughts? Bunch of idiots in Austin.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

mewalke

Post by mewalke »

:iagree:

Redneck_Buddha
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

Always keepin' it weird. A situation where it's a good thing to wait for all the facts before acting. In a less "weird" place, the guy may have ended up ventilated.

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 2

Post by anygunanywhere »

They were indeed zombies. The same creatures that put the existing menace in the WH.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

eureka40

Post by eureka40 »

Ever since I can remember, hookers have always worked South Congress. That was most likely her pimp beating the snot out of her.

Stay away from South Congress in the future.
TSRA Life Memeber

knotquiteawake

Post by knotquiteawake »

Zombie Tag! Sounds like fun as long as no overzealous CHL'er takes a shot at you!

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

I think we need to jack up Austin and send it to comyfornia with all of their zombies
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

California is metastasizing.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

nyj

Post by nyj »

No, they were hipster zombies.

Oh, Austin. I love when I work in Austin, but can not stand the place.

mamabearCali

Post by mamabearCali »

That is a fairly stupid game to play.....it is not just you.....what if a cop saw and thought he was assaulting the girl. He could have ended up dead that way too. Good heavens!

When I was young and stupid people took sleeping bags to the mall and worm wrestled, but this beat even that. For the record, I did not worm wrestle......I took pictures!
SAHM to four precious children. Wife to a loving husband.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

mamabearCali wrote:That is a fairly stupid game to play.....it is not just you.....what if a cop saw and thought he was assaulting the girl. He could have ended up dead that way too. Good heavens!

When I was young and stupid people took sleeping bags to the mall and worm wrestled, but this beat even that. For the record, I did not worm wrestle......I took pictures!
I must lead a really sheltered life because I have never heard of this.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Topic author
Littoria

Post by Littoria »

Haha. Regardless I still love austin. I know many gun people dont, but its a cool city to me.
Minus this experience of course.
Glad you all see it pretty much as I did. The guy could have seriously been injured even by cops as the poster above me wrote!

ONe final question that I came up with after reading your replys... does this mean yall dont go to or try to avoid going to austin in general?

Topic author
Littoria

Post by Littoria »

anygunanywhere wrote:
mamabearCali wrote:That is a fairly stupid game to play.....it is not just you.....what if a cop saw and thought he was assaulting the girl. He could have ended up dead that way too. Good heavens!

I must lead a really sheltered life because I have never heard of this.

Anygunanywhere

Nor have I!!! It sounds funny though! Id like to see those pictures!

Return to “Never Again!!”