Cabelas Allen "you're printing!"

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Cabelas Allen "you're printing!"

Post by Excaliber »

G23WAX wrote:Long time luker, I finally have a story. Went with the wife and kids tonight to look at FDE Glocks that Cabelas in Allen has in stock.
After waiting for a salesman for a bit, I asked to look at the 26 and the 21. We chatted for a few minutes about the size difference between the 26 and the 23 that I told him I normally carry. Maybe that was my first mistake mentioning the gun I normally carry. I really was planning on buying one, but they had no 23s in stock. I normally carry appendix, but sometimes at 3:00 with an OWB holster when I wear a larger shirt. I have asked plenty of family members if they notice while Im wearing that combo and the general concensus is that its not noticable at all. Well, after a couple of minuted he looks me in the eye and asks, "are you carrying now?" It kind of took me by surprise and I akwardly smiled and said no???? He then informs me in an angry way that I AM PRINTING and my license can be taken away for that. I mumble something about, well, I think im okay. and he repeats "your license can be taken away". So I just say thanks, and leave the counter without a new Glock. Maybe my mistake was mentoning the 23 that I normally carry, maybe Im over reacting. I just keep thinking I should have been more firm when I told him it wasnt his business.
Response: (In low, conspiratorial tone of voice) I wouldn't say that so loud, sir. Your ignorance is showing and you're attracting attention to it.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Abraham
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Abraham »

PRINTING?

Heck no, I'm PUBLISHING!

Topic author
G23WAX
Posts in topic: 5

Post by G23WAX »

I'm glad I'm not alone. I didn't have to show him my chl badge, I had my wife sew them to all of my shirts. "rlol"

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

If the man behind the counter is rude to people all the time, maybe someone should talk to a manager about it. Sounds like very poor customer service.

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

The Annoyed Man wrote:The next sales clerk that tells you that....hand him a copy of the booklet and ask, "Please show me in the actual law where it says that."

Ask him if he A) has his own CHL, and B) who was the instructor who taught his class, so that you can steer people away from that instructor.
There is no printing law, but if a person can articulate it is a gun by the look and shape, they may call 911 about the man with the gun and cause you grief.

jmra

Post by jmra »

texanjoker wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:The next sales clerk that tells you that....hand him a copy of the booklet and ask, "Please show me in the actual law where it says that."

Ask him if he A) has his own CHL, and B) who was the instructor who taught his class, so that you can steer people away from that instructor.
There is no printing law, but if a person can articulate it is a gun by the look and shape, they may call 911 about the man with the gun and cause you grief.
:iagree:
I don't fret over a bulge, but I'm not going to try to wear my G23 under biker shorts either.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

AEA
Posts in topic: 1

Post by AEA »

texanjoker wrote:There is no printing law, but if a person can articulate it is a gun by the look and shape, they may call 911 about the man with the gun and cause you grief.
Hopefully the responding LEO will have a better understanding of the matter than the Clerk did. :roll:
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

Afff_667

Post by Afff_667 »

A smart comment from one of the "gentleman" at the gun counter at the Allen Cabelas cost them a $3,000 sale two weeks ago. I had cash in hand and they had what I wanted, and then the goober put his two cents in. I took the money out of my wallet and then explained to him that his mouth ruined a sale and cost the store a customer.
"There's no moral order. There is only this: can my violence conquer your violence?"

discoqueen
Posts in topic: 2

Post by discoqueen »

Afff_667 wrote:A smart comment from one of the "gentleman" at the gun counter at the Allen Cabelas cost them a $3,000 sale two weeks ago. I had cash in hand and they had what I wanted, and then the goober put his two cents in. I took the money out of my wallet and then explained to him that his mouth ruined a sale and cost the store a customer.
Hopefully you did that with a manager present as well! :hurry:
How many tools are in your toolbox?
www.DefensiveMindset.com

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

Afff_667 wrote:A smart comment from one of the "gentleman" at the gun counter at the Allen Cabelas cost them a $3,000 sale two weeks ago. I had cash in hand and they had what I wanted, and then the goober put his two cents in. I took the money out of my wallet and then explained to him that his mouth ruined a sale and cost the store a customer.
Maybe it was the same "gentleman" who thinks the word "printing" is in Texas Penal Code. :mrgreen:

surferdaddy

Post by surferdaddy »

Cabelas in Allen.... No thank you. I can't believe that anyone would behave this way in a customer service role. I live a few minutes away from the Fort Worth cabelas and till now have only experienced minor annoyances. I hope they don't blow it for me as my kids love to go there and my wife likes all the clothing/shoes. I simply go along for the ride and somehow always seem to amble, quite by accident, through the firearm section. :biggrinjester:
CHL/LTC instructor
NRA basic pistol/home firearm safety instructor.

Topic author
G23WAX
Posts in topic: 5

Post by G23WAX »

Wow, its amazing that there are so many others with similar stories. It seems like with the current "shortage" (air quotes), It has pushed some dealers and salesman into the, "I have something you want" category. I have seen this plenty of times lately as they think if you dont buy it, the next guy will. Hopefully when things level out, the attitudes will too.

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

If a gun is truly concealed nobody will see it. They will not see a bulge or the dreaded term printing and nobody will have these sorts of encounters. OC will take care of that, but if it doesn't pass, then concealed is what it is.

Grillmark55

Post by Grillmark55 »

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

I usually tell people like that "Sorry- I'm going to give my money to a business that knows the law and supports the Constitution". Then I'll give the store manager a call and tell him the same thing. May not do any good, but at least I feel better! :lol:
A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

I'm not concerned about strangers curious my ambiguous bulge.

I have one that contains my OWB holster and G19 complete with spare magazine carrier on the other hip. With the cover garments I wear they're nothing more than a vague bulges.

Bulges are just that and could be many possible things - all NOT gun.

If some stranger does feels prompted and is rude enough to ask about them, I'm certainly not obligated to give him/her an answer.

In many, many years of carrying, no one has ever asked, but if they do, I'll simply ignore them. If they persist, I may (or not) say something along the lines of: "I'll pretend to answer, if you'll pretend you didn't ask"...

Return to “Never Again!!”