Paying for Parking

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Diesel42
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Paying for Parking

Post by Diesel42 »

Though this thread is 9 months old, the important fact remains.
Parking in downtown Fort Worth is free.
'nuff said.
Nick
Nick Stone
Have Truck, Will Travel
NRA Life Member

MechAg94

Post by MechAg94 »

I never remember to check posting dates.

Either way, if they guy had no bad intentions, he wouldn't have been nervous.

G26ster

Post by G26ster »

HoosierTexan wrote:I probably left out some details, but this situation ended with him becoming scared/frustrated and walking away.

It's hard to tell if they're nervous because they are about to rob you or if it's because they know you have a gun.
Other side of the same coin. (hypothetically posted on another state's CHL type forum)

I was visiting Dallas TX last week, and I was staying at a hotel downtown, and decided to see if the paid parking nearby was cheaper than the hotel rate. I was in the lot behind 2 women who had their faces buried in the pay booth/thing, and a guy (don't know if they were together) as I waited to read the rates. The guy said, "Hey, how are you doing?" I said I was simply checking to see if this parking lot offered a 24 hour rate that was cheaper than the Hotel I was staying at. But, as I stood there, the guy walked back to his car, opened the door and his glove box. My spidey senses kicked in, maybe he had a gun in there. But when I realized I left my gun in the hotel room safe, I got nervous. He just stood by his open car door glaring at me. He was a big dude, maybe 6'5" 220-250 lbs. Perhaps planning the best time to attack/rob me or the women. I don't know, but I knew I was in a potentially bad situation. I figured I needed to get out of there. I did, and got back to my room safely. Never again, will I leave my gun in the room when I venture out, even for just a block away! Never again!

drjoker
Banned

Post by drjoker »

LOL.. and THAT's why most people don't listen to their gut and get in trouble! Listen to your gut. This intuition thing has saved your ancestor's bacon for milennia. USE it.

Crooks often embarrass you into NOT using your intuition so that they can GET you. Molesters on the subway often make the molestation ambiguous so you're not sure if you're being molested or if it is just really crowded so you're embarrassed into submission as you don't want to make a scene if you're wrong. Also, con men (or con women) will often woo women/men and then ask for a loan or something. You don't want to embarass them, so you give them the loan.

They'll ask you for something innocuous like a light, the time, etc. This is to close the distance for an attack. You're embarassed to not tell them to back off. You don't want to make a scene.

Trust your gut and make a scene if your gut tells you to.
G26ster wrote:
HoosierTexan wrote:I probably left out some details, but this situation ended with him becoming scared/frustrated and walking away.

It's hard to tell if they're nervous because they are about to rob you or if it's because they know you have a gun.
Other side of the same coin. (hypothetically posted on another state's CHL type forum)

I was visiting Dallas TX last week, and I was staying at a hotel downtown, and decided to see if the paid parking nearby was cheaper than the hotel rate. I was in the lot behind 2 women who had their faces buried in the pay booth/thing, and a guy (don't know if they were together) as I waited to read the rates. The guy said, "Hey, how are you doing?" I said I was simply checking to see if this parking lot offered a 24 hour rate that was cheaper than the Hotel I was staying at. But, as I stood there, the guy walked back to his car, opened the door and his glove box. My spidey senses kicked in, maybe he had a gun in there. But when I realized I left my gun in the hotel room safe, I got nervous. He just stood by his open car door glaring at me. He was a big dude, maybe 6'5" 220-250 lbs. Perhaps planning the best time to attack/rob me or the women. I don't know, but I knew I was in a potentially bad situation. I figured I needed to get out of there. I did, and got back to my room safely. Never again, will I leave my gun in the room when I venture out, even for just a block away! Never again!

Return to “Never Again!!”