Wife followed this morning to School

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
lildave40
Posts in topic: 5

Wife followed this morning to School

Post by lildave40 »

This morning My wife was going to college to drop my son off for school Going down the road she saw a ford sitting on the side of the road. When she passed it the truck caught up to her. She thought it was strange and got worried. She did what I told her to do and that was not to stop. If you get to a red light make a right. She did and the truck followed. She then turned into a parking lot he followed her there. The whole time he was right on her. She jumped on the freeway with him still on her. She called the police and stayed on the phone with her until a unit got behind both of them and pulled the guy over. He swore he wasnt following her and didnt know what she was talking about. What he didnt know was she was on the phone with the police for over 5 minutes. When the police ran him he had a warrant for his arrest. In his truck was drugs and a loaded gun. My wife called me when it was all over and the first words out of her mouth was. When can I go to the range with you and when can I take my CHL class? She was shaken up but thankfully had the mindset to stay calm. She told me that she would listen when Me and my friends talk about situational awareness and the first thing that popped in her head was to stay calm and stay alive.

I want to thank everyone on this forum. I see you are strict about the laws informative on many things and are quick to share your knowledge. I feel what I have learned on this forum and shared with my wife helped her today.

Again thank you all and have a blessed day.

Middle Age Russ
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Wife followed this morning to School

Post by Middle Age Russ »

I am glad to hear that your wife came through this incident with little more than an elevated heart-rate and desire to work on her personal protection plan and options. She already seems to be exhibiting signs of situational awareness that are serving her well. Please encourage her to join the forum here, to use the search function if she has questions that may have been covered here, and to ask questions. We are all on this journey upon the earth together, but not all at the same place in that journey.
Last edited by Middle Age Russ on Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

John Galt
Posts in topic: 2

Post by John Galt »

Very glad she is ok. She did perfect.

ELB
Posts in topic: 3

Post by ELB »

Wow, interesting story. Glad she kept relatively cool and came out alright. Good on her!
USAF 1982-2005

bmwrdr

Post by bmwrdr »

I am glad she is well and I am also glad the criminal is caught.

:tiphat:
I scarified political correctness to preserve honesty ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

The Wall

Post by The Wall »

I can tell from your post that you are proud of her. I'm going to make sure my wife reads this. She not only did the right thing to protect herself, she helped the police get this dirt bag off the streets. In doing so I'm sure she has saved others from going through the same thing and probably worse.

KC5AV

Post by KC5AV »

lildave40 wrote:She told me that she would listen when Me and my friends talk about situational awareness and the first thing that popped in her head was to stay calm and stay alive.
Kudos to your wife. It sounds like she did pretty well with situational awareness.
NRA lifetime member

goose

Post by goose »

This should go in the "Do Again!!" folder.
NRA Endowment - NRA RSO - Μολὼν λάβε

carlson1
Posts in topic: 3

Post by carlson1 »

Great job by your wife. Praise the Lord she remembered what you told her and stayed alive to come home. I am so glad another thug is in jail.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

So many things went the right way with this incident.

1. Your wife was aware of her surroundings.
2. You've had a discussion of what to do in such a situation.
3. She remembered what to do.
4. The police were able to respond and did.

Unfortunately, sometimes it takes something like this to happen to expose someone or wake and individual up to their vulnerabilities. Sounds like she's taken a reasonable step in case something like this ever happens again. If it ever does happen again, hopefully, it will end the same way and she won't be forced to take it to the next level.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

LabRat

Post by LabRat »

Wow! Thank the Lord your wife is ok and the bad guy was caught.

A situation like this is exactly what it meant when many of us say "Crime can find you anywhere."
Lots of folks think because they live in a nice neighborhood, go to "safe" areas, etc. that safety is somehow the rule; This situation very harshly reminds us that feeling safe is an illusion and criminals purposefully choose victims to assault.

Kudos to your wife for her awareness and handling of the event.

LabRat
This is not legal advice.
People should be able to perform many functions; for others and for themselves. Specialization is for insects. — Robert Heinlein (Severe paraphrase)

Javier730
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Javier730 »

Question, was she armed? Remember the motorist protection act will allow your wife to be armed in her vehicle, until she gets her chl.
“Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity.”
― Horace Mann

Topic author
lildave40
Posts in topic: 5

Post by lildave40 »

Javier730 wrote:Question, was she armed? Remember the motorist protection act will allow your wife to be armed in her vehicle, until she gets her chl.

No my wife was not armed. She has grown comfortable around them since I have been a chl holder and carrying everyday. She will be after today though. we are heading to the range at 5 then to academy for a weapon she will like.

Javier730
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Javier730 »

lildave40 wrote:
Javier730 wrote:Question, was she armed? Remember the motorist protection act will allow your wife to be armed in her vehicle, until she gets her chl.

No my wife was not armed. She has grown comfortable around them since I have been a chl holder and carrying everyday. She will be after today though. we are heading to the range at 5 then to academy for a weapon she will like.
You should go to academy first, then take her to the range to fire the gun she just bought.
“Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity.”
― Horace Mann

Return to “Never Again!!”