Toddlers shooting people once a week in the US now.

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

VMI77
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Toddlers shooting people once a week in the US now.

Post by VMI77 »

philip964 wrote:http://news.yahoo.com/chicago-boy-6-acc ... 51585.html

6 year old shoots and kills his 3 year old brother after getting dads revolver on top of the refrigerator.

Father arrested, after all it is Chicago and guns don't exist there.

RIP little kid.
Although this article does mention dad is a gang member, it omits some other relevant details given below:

http://weaponsman.com/?p=26472
And here are the facts that are in evidence, but are being elided from many media reports, and ignored by drunken Garry because they don’t fit The Narrative™ or, as psyops practitioners call it, the Overall Propaganda Campaign. Only themes that support the campaign — in this case, for gun control — and only facts that support the themes are of interest to the propagandist. Or, for that matter, the journalist, since the emergence of New Journalism in the late sixties (or farther back than that, perhaps).

Fact: Michael Santiago is a gang member, or a former gang member.

Fact: He got the gun from another gang member.

Fact: The sale was an unlawful transaction between two prohibited persons.

Fact: his purchase and ownership of the firearm was always illegal under current law.

Fact: The acquisition (however done) and ownership of the firearm by the ganged-up previous owner was always illegal under current law.

Fact: the one propaganda theme that the propagandists of the media won’t tell about this crime, is that Dad of the Year was one of just the sort of gang criminal that the Chicago Police, in their leadership’s Ahabite quest for gun control, doesn’t bother to pursue.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

oldshooter wrote:I am always skeptical of liberal UK reportage on any topic related to the USA and guns - those folks still think Piers Morgan was a reasonable and reliable reporter!
Last statistics I saw on the topic of toddlers killing toddlers (which were John Lott's data from 2010, I think) indicated that less than a dozen kids under age 6, shot and killed another child. That still sounds pretty bad, but just FYI, that's slightly less than the number of children under 6 who drown IN BUCKETS annually. Mind you, we aren't talking about drowning in bath tubs or swimming pools (WAY more kids die that way each year), but in BUCKETS! That is why you now see the "warning labels" on Home Depot (and other's) plastic 5-gallon buckets.
To the liberals, MDA types, Bloombergians, and the anti-gun crowd in general, "toddlers" include gang members. I'm exaggerating....a little...but their "children" killed by guns numbers do include gang members under the age of 21. In this particular case, dad was a gang member, had the gun illegally, and bought the gun illegally from another gang member who also acquired and possessed the gun illegally. IOW, if gun ownership were illegal the outcome would have been the same.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

mayor
Posts in topic: 1

Post by mayor »

this was actually copied from the WaPo:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk ... this-year/

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

parabelum wrote:
suthdj wrote:And how many abortions are there a day?
"Total number of abortions in the U.S. 1973-2013: 56.5 million+
219 abortions per 1,000 live births (according to the Centers for Disease Control)
Abortions per day: 2,899
Abortions per hour: 120
1 abortion every 30 seconds"

http://www.all.org/learn/abortion/abortion-statistics/

It's a fallen world.
There are 150,000 every day around the world.

Every day.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

mayor wrote:this was actually copied from the WaPo:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk ... this-year/
We all need to remember that when it comes the the MSM, libs, Bloombergians, and the anti-gun crowd in general it is absolutely impossible to be too cynical, and that the most cynical among us are still nowhere near as cynical as the reality would dictate if it could be fully known. This bunch is far more sinister and duplicitous than anyone who isn't equally sinister and duplicitous could ever fully understand or appreciate.

K.Mooneyham
Posts in topic: 2

Post by K.Mooneyham »

MechAg94 wrote:
K.Mooneyham wrote: That said, a toddler wandering around a backyard and falling into a swimming pool is one too many. It speaks to the utter irresponsibility of adults who should be watching toddlers and covering their pools when not in use.

I know that might sound like an attack; I assure you it isn't. I write this to make the point that human beings are often irresponsible about a lot of things, and because of that, bad things happen in life, sometimes deadly things. Others have posted the stats about children and accidents, ALL of which are horrible and likely preventable. Firearms shouldn't be singled out, and wouldn't be, if it weren't for politics, usually of the leftwing variety.
I realize you weren't attacking, but I get tired of the "one too many" line. It is a strong sounding line that means little. If anything, it seems to indicate you are willing to do anything or give up anything to prevent any one death. Maybe it is my inner engineer talking, but preventing ALL deaths is impossible and there is a strong argument to not try. It really comes down to personal responsibility. We could ban everything and force all sorts of mandatory training to force parents or others to be more responsible. It would still not prevent all deaths and would likely just create resentment.

I may be nitpicking. :)
I understand fully what you are saying, and I agree. In fact, I was pointing out the overuse of that phrase, but realize I did a bad job of it. My point was that the anti-2A types are fine with "one too many" when it comes to firearms related deaths, but quite mute when it comes to anyone, including children, dying via any of a thousand other ways.

blackdog8200

Post by blackdog8200 »

allisji wrote:I'm going to write to my congressman that windows 4 ft or higher above grade should not be the openable type. There is just no excuse for one more baby be die by from falling out of a third story window.

The IRC (building codes) already has a version :banghead:
R312.2.1 Window sills.
In dwelling units, where the opening of an operable window is located more than 72 inches (1829 mm) above the finished grade or surface below, the lowest part of the clear opening of the window shall be a minimum of 24 inches (610 mm) above the fininshed floor of the room in which the window is located. Operable sections of windows shall not permit openings that allow passage of a 4-inch-diameter (102 mm) sphere where such openings are located within 24 inches (610 mm) of the finished floor.

Exceptions:
1. Windows whose openings will not allow a 4-inch-diameter (102 mm) sphere to pass through the opening when the opening is in its largest opened position.
2. Openings that are provided with window fall prevention devices that comply with ASTM F 2090.
3. Windows that are provided with window opening control devices that comply with Section R312.2.2.

We should really just wrap the kids in bubble wrap and duct tape until they are old enough to personally collect their tax payer funded check :biggrinjester:
Harris County
NRA Life Member 1986

mikebass78

Post by mikebass78 »

Bruin98 wrote:I always wonder how many of these guns have had trigger jobs making the trigger easier for a child to manipulate.

Everytime after I clean my gun, I let my 2 yr old hold it before reloading it. We work on grip. Not pointing it at people. Just normal gun safety talks. He cant pull the trigger without my help. Then my 6 yr old gets a try. He barely can pull the trigger.

It's just a straight out of the box xds45.
A 2 year old with a gun is absurd, and irresponsible.

He should be playing with and learning about lego's and ABC's and 123's not how to hold a firearm. There's a time and place for that and it's not when they can just barely talk,walk and let alone hold a firearm.

suthdj
Posts in topic: 2

Post by suthdj »

mikebass78 wrote:
Bruin98 wrote:I always wonder how many of these guns have had trigger jobs making the trigger easier for a child to manipulate.

Everytime after I clean my gun, I let my 2 yr old hold it before reloading it. We work on grip. Not pointing it at people. Just normal gun safety talks. He cant pull the trigger without my help. Then my 6 yr old gets a try. He barely can pull the trigger.

A 2 year old with a gun is absurd, and irresponsible.

He should be playing with and learning about lego's and ABC's and 123's not how to hold a firearm. There's a time and place for that and it's not when they can just barely talk,walk and let alone hold a firearm.
How you choose to teach your kids is your choice don't be critical of someone else's ways.
21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

android

Post by android »

I know, right? When I first let my daughter shoot my HK 9mm, she could barely pull the trigger DA and had a hard time SA. That's about 11 and 4.5 lbs.

What kind of hair trigger guns are people giving their toddlers anyway??

Return to “Never Again!!”