Man shoots own hand testing weapon laser

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Syntyr
Posts in topic: 3

Man shoots own hand testing weapon laser

Post by Syntyr »

Man shoots his own hand while trying to see if laser is on.

:rules: rules :rules: rules :rules:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... rking.html
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

mayor

Re: Man shoots own hand testing weapon laser

Post by mayor »

at least he didn't turn it around to see if it was on.

Topic author
Syntyr

Post by Syntyr »

AndyC wrote:Zero sympathy - hope it hurts.
Looks like it did! Zero sympathy from me either. You know I have owned weapons for 30 years and not one negligent discharge...
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

Javier730
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Javier730 »

Syntyr wrote:
AndyC wrote:Zero sympathy - hope it hurts.
Looks like it did! Zero sympathy from me either. You know I have owned weapons for 30 years and not one negligent discharge...
Zero negligent discharges from me either but I will say its one thing to have a ND and its another to be a complete idiot.
“Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity.”
― Horace Mann

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Flightmare »

He was close to being a Darwin Award winner
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

hovercat

Post by hovercat »

The firearm did not 'go off'. He pulled the trigger.

Jago668
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Jago668 »

I saw that story somewhere else. I knew where it was going from the first frame of the video. I'm not perfect, and I've done dumb stuff. However I'm not so dumb as to put part of my body in front of a barrel. Think I was 5 the first time I shot a .22 rifle with my step-dad helping me hold it. I've never had a negligent discharge. It is amazing what always following the gun safety rules will do for you. While I am not particularly sympathetic, I do dislike that it happened. I do not like to see anything that gives credence to anything gun grabbers say.
NRA Benefactor Member

Middle Age Russ

Post by Middle Age Russ »

Evidence that being stupid (unconsciously incompetent) can get you hurt - or worse. I found it interesting that the shooter's companion was quick to orient the muzzle of the discarded pistol downrange, but somehow wasn't concerned that his friend was failing to observe the three cardinal rules of gun safety. Sometimes and unexpected loud noise provides a reset, I guess.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

Jago668

Post by Jago668 »

Middle Age Russ wrote:Evidence that being stupid (unconsciously incompetent) can get you hurt - or worse. I found it interesting that the shooter's companion was quick to orient the muzzle of the discarded pistol downrange, but somehow wasn't concerned that his friend was failing to observe the three cardinal rules of gun safety. Sometimes and unexpected loud noise provides a reset, I guess.
When did you learn the stove was hot? When your mom told you it was or when you burned your hand? Probably one of those kinds of things. Where it clicked, "Oh yeah, that's why we point them in safe directions."
NRA Benefactor Member

Middle Age Russ

Post by Middle Age Russ »

When did you learn the stove was hot? When your mom told you it was or when you burned your hand? Probably one of those kinds of things. Where it clicked, "Oh yeah, that's why we point them in safe directions."
Experience is a great teacher -- she just gives the test first!
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

At first I wondered what kind of laser it was. :grumble

If he had turned it around he might have been nominated for a Darwin award.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Dadtodabone

Post by Dadtodabone »

:shock:
"Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris!"

mayor

Post by mayor »

Jago668 wrote:When did you learn the stove was hot? When your mom told you it was or when you burned your hand? Probably one of those kinds of things. Where it clicked, "Oh yeah, that's why we point them in safe directions."
I took mamas word for it... I never touched the hot stove. I held my hand over it to see, but I never burned myself on it 'cause mama told me it was hot.

Jago668

Post by Jago668 »

mayor wrote:
Jago668 wrote:When did you learn the stove was hot? When your mom told you it was or when you burned your hand? Probably one of those kinds of things. Where it clicked, "Oh yeah, that's why we point them in safe directions."
I took mamas word for it... I never touched the hot stove. I held my hand over it to see, but I never burned myself on it 'cause mama told me it was hot.
You're one of the few people. Most people, myself included, didn't really learn what hot meant until we burned ourselves. Now I did learn from my experience, I didn't have to shoot myself to learn not to point at gun at myself.
NRA Benefactor Member

Return to “Never Again!!”