Leave your firearm at home during vacation?

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

RogueUSMC
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Leave your firearm at home during vacation?

Post by RogueUSMC »

nightmare69 wrote:When my wife and I went on our cruise to Mexico I had to leave my gun in our car parked at the hotel. So the morning we left I got a covered parking spot. I hid my gun in the trunk where the spare tire supposed to be. Dodge Darts only come with a air pump and no spare. I missed it late at night at Cozumel, some sketchy people that's for sure.
When we cruise, I take a neck knife with me. it is on a lanyard under my shirt. I just reach under my shirt, grab and pull. Blades up to four inches are allowable. I pack it in my bag until I get onboard (so I don't get crazy looks going through the security checkpoints) then it is on my body after that.
A man will fight harder for his interests than for his rights.
- Napoleon Bonaparte
PFC Paul E. Ison USMC 1916-2001

nightmare69
Posts in topic: 2

Post by nightmare69 »

RogueUSMC wrote:
nightmare69 wrote:When my wife and I went on our cruise to Mexico I had to leave my gun in our car parked at the hotel. So the morning we left I got a covered parking spot. I hid my gun in the trunk where the spare tire supposed to be. Dodge Darts only come with a air pump and no spare. I missed it late at night at Cozumel, some sketchy people that's for sure.
When we cruise, I take a neck knife with me. it is on a lanyard under my shirt. I just reach under my shirt, grab and pull. Blades up to four inches are allowable. I pack it in my bag until I get onboard (so I don't get crazy looks going through the security checkpoints) then it is on my body after that.

I took my pocket knife but left it in the room safe while in Cozumel. I did some research and found you could be arrested for having a concealed weapon for possessing a pocket knife in Mexico.
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

azwe wrote:I'm going overseas in a few weeks and plan on putting all but one of my guns into my bank's safety deposit box. I don't own a gun safe....yet.
I do the same thing before my out of town trips. Just don't tell the bank what you are putting in there as it might be against their rules (but isn't illegal AFAIK). Works best for handguns, not so much for long guns. Unless you have a really big safe deposit box.

Return to “Never Again!!”