C&R

mojo84
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Think this says it all

Post by mojo84 »

brokedown48 wrote:
image001.jpg
Has this been verified to be authentic?

Edit: It appears this picture has been circulating since June 2010.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

They are a small segment of society that wants the same exact thing and they think they are owed as well.

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

mojo84 wrote:Edit: It appears this picture has been circulating since June 2010.
Yep. I found that June 2010 post; a few of 'em, in fact. And dozens and dozens of other sites over the past six years.

The Los Angeles Indymedia site purported to debunk it as a Photoshopped image in May, 2010: http://la.indymedia.org/news/2010/05/238827.php.

Snopes considers it to be of "undetermined" status because "we have found no other different version of this image that could conceivably be the unaltered original." http://www.snopes.com/photos/politics/azprotest.asp
Snopes, on the photo's origin, wrote: The above-displayed image, was purportedly taken at a May Day Immigation [sic] Rally in Phoenix, Arizona, on 1 May 2010 (in response to that state's passage of a controversial immigration law). It seemingly shows one participant holding a sign which threatens the "shooting of more Arizona police" (a reference to an incident on 30 April 2010 in which Pinal County Sheriff's Deputy Louie Puroll was wounded in a shooting by suspected illegal immigrants) if the protesters are not afforded free health care, no-tax jobs, housing, and food.

Clearly this photograph was not taken at a protest in Phoenix, but rather during a similar demonstration in Los Angeles (as indicated by the presence of the Los Angeles Times complex in the background) likely held on the same day.
Dunno; but if I had to guess, I'd say it's a fake.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

goose

Post by goose »

Skiprr wrote: Dunno; but if I had to guess, I'd say it's a fake.
Agreed. I usually assume that when I see something portraying the other side a little too "perfectly" aligned with my perceptions, it is probably fake. I would bet that it is either fake, or a planted counter protest.
NRA Endowment - NRA RSO - Μολὼν λάβε

rexmitchell

Post by rexmitchell »

I can tell you at a minimum the bottom part of that sign is photoshopped and while some of the top look original, it appears parts of it are fake as well. Poor job on the photoshop as well.

Return to “Never Again!!”