Fort Hood Soldier flees DPS going 200 mph on motorcycle, while illegally carrying gun

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
E.Marquez
Posts in topic: 5

Re: Fort Hood Soldier flees DPS going 200 mph on motorcycle, while illegally carrying gun

Post by E.Marquez »

AF-Odin wrote: It is almost a daily occurrance to have Soldiers racing their sport bikes, weaving in and out of traffic at speeds that greatly exceed the posted 75 MPH.
I find the observation interesting in that I traverse Kempner to Killeen 4~6 times a day... many times on a sport bike, and I dont have the same observation as you. perhaps 1 in 10~15 times down that path do i see such a display... And most of those time I do not perceive them as unsafe. Exceeding the posted speed limit is a citable offence no doubt. Going 80 in a 75 does not automatically = wreckless. Going 95 in a 75 does not automatically = wreckless. At times I have observed riding at 10 under the posted limit as reckless behavior.

I see car drivers texting while driving the posted speed limit many times operating a vehicle more recklessly than I would perceive a motorcycle rider going over the posted speed limit being reckless.
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

rm9792
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Fort Hood Soldier flees DPS going 200 mph on motorcycle, while illegally carrying gun

Post by rm9792 »

While I was at Ft Hood I did see countless bikes on base, all fairly new, most of them all scratched on at least one side. What I observed seem to be kids away from home for the first time, a little money in their pocket and dealers eagerly selling them bikes they didn't know how to ride. I saw a handful personally get laid over at lights or turning too fast on the slippery roads of Ft hood. The tank treads polished some of those roads to a pretty slick surface. I don't see how you can buy a vehicle or get insurance on a vehicle you have no license for in the first place, shouldn't be legal.
I have gotten my Ducati 848 up to 160ish on Hwy 288 and on FM 2004 (long remote sections with no ingress/egress). It felt like their wasn't much steam left in the bike so I doubt an R6 could do it, even modified.

fire128

Post by fire128 »

I find it quite interesting the amount of coverage this incident garnered, especially since about 8 hrs prior to this incident there was a similar incident albeit the outcome was much different and there was absolutely no media coverage at all. This involved a motorcycle traveling west bound on Bus 190 (VMB) in excess of 130 mph (verified by radar) leaving the road and striking a large road sign just west of the TJ Mills exit. This person was airlifted to a medical facility with a plethora of life threatening injuries and yet there wasn't a single news report. The media sleeps in more ways than one. :coolgleamA: :coolgleamA:

AJSully421

Post by AJSully421 »

JustSomeOldGuy wrote:
uthornsfan wrote:More importantly that bike is not capable of going 200mph.
:iagree:
Average superbike/bulletbike only does up to 165+- (maybe they meant 200 KILOMETERS per hour?)
Average rider isn't capable of operating it at that speed for any distance
Average police car tops out at 130+-
But over a long chase they still caught him (And I didn't see any mention of a helicopter as part of the pursuit)

Somebody is exaggerating...... :totap:

"Officer... I DEMAND to see the readout on your radar showing 200 MPH! My roomate's cousin's sister's friend used to date a paralegal in college, and she said that you have to show me the radar numbers if I am DEMANDING to see them... I know my rights!"

BTW, even a Hayabusa tops out at 185ish. No 200 mph on a bike unless it had lots of work done to it, and a driver to match.
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." - Ronald Reagan, 1964

30.06 signs only make criminals and terrorists safer.

NRA, LTC, School Safety, Armed Security, & Body Guard Instructor

Return to “Never Again!!”