GA:Teen accidentally shoots himself in the head as friends watch on Instagram Live

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 1

GA:Teen accidentally shoots himself in the head as friends watch on Instagram Live

Post by philip964 »

http://www.11alive.com/news/teen-accide ... /430784177

13 year old shot himself dead on Instagram Live. Mother hears the gunshot finds him in his room in a pool of blood. She doesn't know where he got the gun. RIP.

Caution improper use of word "clip" in this story, read at your own risk.

bblhd672

Re: GA:Teen accidentally shoots himself in the head as friends watch on Instagram Live

Post by bblhd672 »

These are things that happen when children get their firearms education off the streets instead of formal education. A young man properly educated about safe handling probably wouldn't have been showing off on social media with a loaded firearm pointed toward his head.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Re: GA:Teen accidentally shoots himself in the head as friends watch on Instagram Live

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

bblhd672 wrote:These are things that happen when children get their firearms education off the streets instead of formal education.
:iagree:

Chas.

MeMelYup

Post by MeMelYup »

We need to push for firearm safety to be taught in schools next session.

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

Be careful what you wish for. Giving the schools systems reflexive actions about firearms. Their indoctrination of our children might be more about revulsion and hatred rather than for safety.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

tk1700

Post by tk1700 »

[quote]Their indoctrination of our children might be more about revulsion and hatred rather than for safety./quote]

Isn't that whats happening now? I agree that a positive attitude toward safety should be taught in schools, but that is a long uphill fight. Fortunately where I live we have a Marine JROTC program in the HS. They have their own shooting range and rifle team, that does very well in competitions. That type of training and education needs to expand into more schools and to all students.

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

Such an unfortunate and tragic event. The article reported that when he put the "clip" in the gun, the gun went off. I would bet the real truth would be that it was not the clip but the finger on the trigger that made the gun go off. It would be good if we could educate our children on safe gun rules and responsibilities without being pro or con. Just plain old firearm safety, not whether or not someone should own a firearm. I think we already had this conversation for the last few years but instead of firearms it was condoms. So, I must agree with "be careful what you wish for".
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Return to “Never Again!!”