Vol Texan wrote: puma guy wrote: joe817 wrote:
From the article: "She said the man told her he sat on the gun, which went off accidentally."
How is that possible without shooting himself in the butt first? That's an awfully weird angle the barrel was pointed!
Easy, being a convicted felon he broke the penal code.
I see what you did there.
Perhaps someone should revise Col. Jeff Cooper's 4 basic safety rules by adding a new 1st one: "Don't ever point the muzzle at yer [insert body part here]" .......and then follow with the other 4 in regular order.
1. Don't ever point the muzzle at yer [body part]. Use a mallet to pound it flat instead, if you must.
2. All guns are always loaded.
3. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy. (See #1 !!!!)
4. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
5. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.
Perhaps we could persuade the unenlightened to EDC a mallet........