Can I Buy Just One Sock?

So that others may learn.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Jusme
Posts in topic: 5

Can I Buy Just One Sock?

Post by Jusme »

Strange title, but, sitting here with my foot elevated, with the anesthetic, wearing off, it's a thought that crossed my mind. Let's go back a few hours...

I got home from work, sat on my couch, and decided to work on a small paracord project.
The project only took a few minutes, and I opened the knife blade on my Leatherman Wave. I cut the end of the paracord, and looked over towards the end table for my lighter, to melt the end, while simultaneously, shifting my multitool from my right hand to my left. Somehow, in the exchange, either my right hand let go too soon, or my left hand was too slow at getting a good grip. The force of gravity, took over, and my multitool, fell. It of course fell blade downward, penetrated my pant's leg, my sock, and came to rest in the side of my right heel, just below my ankle bone.

Three hours, and four stitches later, I was contemplating, the possibility of purchasing only one sock, since one of mine, not only has a small cut in it, it also has absorbed a lot of blood.

I have closed the blade on my multitool, which had a bloodline approximately, 3/4 of an inch from the tip, and have practiced passing it from one hand to the other several times.
For some reason, I have received very little sympathy, and the medical staff, found my story quite amusing. My main dilemma, besides the sock issue, is that with the antibiotics I was prescribed, I am unable to take my normal liquid pain killer.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

C-dub
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Can I Buy Just One Sock?

Post by C-dub »

Probably not. Think of the other one as a spare.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Topic author
Jusme

Post by Jusme »

C-dub wrote:Probably not. Think of the other one as a spare.

Yeah I guess it would come in handy when the dryer, eats one on occasion. :mrgreen:

Jnazee
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Jnazee »

:eek6 Ouch!

uthornsfan

Post by uthornsfan »

It was just trying to create a new ankle holster for you. The true ultimate concealed carry.

Jnazee

Post by Jnazee »

uthornsfan wrote:It was just trying to create a new ankle holster for you. The true ultimate concealed carry.
"rlol"

bmwrdr

Post by bmwrdr »

On Amazon you can get a single sock. https://www.amazon.com/Allen-Knit-Hangu ... =gun+socks

I :mrgreen:

I wish you all best an fast recovery.

:tiphat:
I scarified political correctness to preserve honesty ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

flechero

Post by flechero »

Use the now single sock for the next few days since you can't probably get a shoe on (comfortably) and call it trash afterwards... if you really need to buy a single sock, I'd wonder how you afford internet to post the question! :lol:

boxermoose

Post by boxermoose »

Darn it....... :biggrinjester:

Topic author
Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Morning has arrived, and with the anasthetic, completely gone, the sock issue, seems to have been moved further down the list of contemplations. I have to keep the stitches dry, and Mrs. Jusme, has said that my idea for avoiding a shower or bath for the next week or so, is not an option, I am working on a plastic bag and electrical tape contraption.

I can tell that I won't be doing a lot of running, or turning quickly for a little while.

My family has discussed the possibility, of keeping sharp objects away from me, permanately, and apparently are working in shifts, to watch for any signs that I may be a further threat to my safety.

ELB

Post by ELB »

Once I find a type of sock I like, I buy several pairs just like it. Thus when any sock becomes damaged or disappeared by the dryer, its mate just becomes a spare, until another sock gets redtagged and leaves a lonesome partner.

I suggest any time you handle a pointed or edged tool in the future you wear proper PPE: leather boots, motorcycle leathers or chainsaw chaps, etc. :mrgreen:
USAF 1982-2005

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

I feel your pain. Several years ago I was separating some pond plants to repot. Of course I was using my trusty Buck. I was in shorts and barefoot. Now, I had already done 3 plants when my wife walks out and says "your going to cut your foot". Next slice, sure enough, it slipped and went into the side of my ankle hitting a small artery. Now you have to picture me with the scowl on my face because of her told you so attitude, holding my finger on the wound to keep it from bleeding while walking to the car doubled over to go to the hospital.
Oh, by the way, I have figured out that not only does no one at an ER know how to read, the docs have no sense of humor. After telling this same story at least 5 times with no changes, and each time the person writes in on my chart, I was a little agitated when the doc came in and asked what happened while he was looking at my chart. Then the smart posterior side of me kicked in and I told him @well, I decided to end it all". He closes my chart and says"Mr. Brown, do you have these feelings often?". My wife lost it and fell into the floor laughing and I had to respond "only when I have to come to a hospital"
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

boxermoose wrote:Darn it....... :biggrinjester:
:thumbs2:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

I'm sorry you hurt yourself, but I am glad you didn't injure your sense of humor
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Take Down Sicko

Post by Take Down Sicko »

Just borrow some panty hose and cut the legs off...J/K
Can we call you big foot now?

kidding a side...I know it must be a painful injury.

Return to “Never Again!!”