What does print pending mean

So that others may learn.

Moderators: Keith B, Charles L. Cotton, carlson1


Topic author
Coffee man
Junior Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:40 pm

What does print pending mean

Postby Coffee man » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:52 pm

What does print pending mean and will government shutdown slow ltc process down

User avatar

Nutcracker
Junior Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:21 pm

Re: What does print pending mean

Postby Nutcracker » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:00 pm

DPS prints the licenses in batches. Print pending means yours should be in the next batch.

Federal shutdown won't affect it because USPS is open and you already passed the FBI check.


Topic author
Coffee man
Junior Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:40 pm

Re: What does print pending mean

Postby Coffee man » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:08 pm

Thank you. I was confused on the hole thing.


Topic author
Coffee man
Junior Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:40 pm

Re: What does print pending mean

Postby Coffee man » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:05 pm

What’s the average waiting time to recive in Amish after it say print pending? Just asking for on the process and how it works

User avatar

allisji
Senior Member
Posts: 894
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:44 am
Location: Seabrook

Re: What does print pending mean

Postby allisji » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:36 pm

Coffee man wrote:What’s the average waiting time to recive in Amish after it say print pending? Just asking for on the process and how it works


Wait time for "Print Pending" seems to vary from a couple days to 2-3 weeks.

Usually it would be somewhere in between. DPS will fire up the LTC printer once they have a sufficient backlog of licenses approved and they should go in the mail very quickly. Hopefully the guy who runs the license printer isn't sick, on vacation, or out on LTD. It could take months to find a qualified candidate and backfill that position.
LTC since 2015
I have contacted my state rep Dennis Paul about co-sponsoring HB560.

User avatar

The Annoyed Man
Senior Member
Posts: 23547
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 pm
Location: North Richland Hills, Texas
Contact:

Re: What does print pending mean

Postby The Annoyed Man » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:41 pm

allisji wrote:
Coffee man wrote:What’s the average waiting time to recive in Amish after it say print pending? Just asking for on the process and how it works


Wait time for "Print Pending" seems to vary from a couple days to 2-3 weeks.

Usually it would be somewhere in between. DPS will fire up the LTC printer once they have a sufficient backlog of licenses approved and they should go in the mail very quickly. Hopefully the guy who runs the license printer isn't sick, on vacation, or out on LTD. It could take months to find a qualified candidate and backfill that position.

Also, be advised that status = mailed doesn’t necessarily mean it has been actually mailed. It means that it has been sent to the mailroom. But that’s all it means. It may not have actually entered the postal system yet.

Frustrating, isn’t it? :mrgreen:

Advice: Here’s what NOT to do..... when your license finally does come in, don’t celebrate by going down to your neighborhood bar, getting hammered, and firing some celebratory rounds into the air out in the parking lot at 1:16 a.m. That’s generally regarded as being in bad form.......
Give me Liberty, or I'll get up and get it myself.—Hookalakah Meshobbab
I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes.—The Annoyed Boy

User avatar

Jusme
Senior Member
Posts: 3953
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:23 pm
Location: Johnson County, Texas

Re: What does print pending mean

Postby Jusme » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:43 pm

The Annoyed Man wrote:
allisji wrote:
Coffee man wrote:What’s the average waiting time to recive in Amish after it say print pending? Just asking for on the process and how it works


Wait time for "Print Pending" seems to vary from a couple days to 2-3 weeks.

Usually it would be somewhere in between. DPS will fire up the LTC printer once they have a sufficient backlog of licenses approved and they should go in the mail very quickly. Hopefully the guy who runs the license printer isn't sick, on vacation, or out on LTD. It could take months to find a qualified candidate and backfill that position.

Also, be advised that status = mailed doesn’t necessarily mean it has been actually mailed. It means that it has been sent to the mailroom. But that’s all it means. It may not have actually entered the postal system yet.

Frustrating, isn’t it? :mrgreen:

Advice: Here’s what NOT to do..... when your license finally does come in, don’t celebrate by going down to your neighborhood bar, getting hammered, and firing some celebratory rounds into the air out in the parking lot at 1:16 a.m. That’s generally regarded as being in bad form.......



:smilelol5:

Yes definitely bad form!!
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:


Topic author
Coffee man
Junior Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:40 pm

Re: What does print pending mean

Postby Coffee man » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:05 pm

Got plastic in hand today. Now I got another question is it okay to carry with one in the chamber or no?


bblhd672
Senior Member
Posts: 3424
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:43 am
Location: TX

Re: What does print pending mean

Postby bblhd672 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:30 pm

Coffee man wrote:Got plastic in hand today. Now I got another question is it okay to carry with one in the chamber or no?


You are legally allowed to carry your self defense handgun with a round chambered.

User avatar

romeofox
Junior Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:22 pm

Re: What does print pending mean

Postby romeofox » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:05 pm

Submitted renewal 12/19 and got the email request for additional docs wanting to re-confirm my (previously documented) DD-214, I sent it 1/2.
Status changed to print pending 1/19 & then to Mailed 1/23.
Received today! 3 weeks...I'd say that's a good turnaround for a state agency.

Dilly Dilly :clapping:


Topic author
Coffee man
Junior Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:40 pm

Re: What does print pending mean

Postby Coffee man » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:08 pm

Big thank you to all the answering of my questions :thumbs2: :patriot: :txflag:


Return to “Never Again!!”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests