Government inspections.

For those who like to roll their own.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
SeaHawk
Posts in topic: 5

Government inspections.

Post by SeaHawk »

Just a heads-up that we are being watched. I recently was fortunate enough to find 5,000 small pistol primers at Natchez. My shipping notice just arrived with some unusual text I have never seen before.

Has anyone else seen this??
Last edited by SeaHawk on Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." - Mark Twain

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

ddstuder
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Government inspections.

Post by ddstuder »

Very interesting. :shock:

I just had 15000 primers, and 16 lbs of powder show up last week from Powder Valley, and did not see this message. I was tracking it daily once they said it shipped.

Maybe the packaging has been damaged and required inspection. I doubt the G-men have enough time and resources to inspect everything that is shipping these days!
Guns are like parachutes, if your ever in a situation that you need one and you dont have one, you'll probably never need one again.

Topic author
SeaHawk

Post by SeaHawk »

I doubt the shipment was damaged. It hadn't started it's journey yet.

I just changed the shipping notice image to show the entire schedule.

Charles, do you have any idea what this means?
"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." - Mark Twain

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 1

Post by mojo84 »

Probably logging the seller and buyer info for the government "terrorist suspect" database. I have a feeling they will use the term "terrorist" to justify maintaining a database of firearm and ammunition purchasers.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

longhorn86

Post by longhorn86 »

mojo84 wrote:Probably logging the seller and buyer info for the government "terrorist suspect" database. I have a feeling they will use the term "terrorist" to justify maintaining a database of firearm and ammunition purchasers.

I would be checking for drones circling above.... :biggrinjester:
NRA Life Member

Dave2

Post by Dave2 »

longhorn86 wrote:
mojo84 wrote:Probably logging the seller and buyer info for the government "terrorist suspect" database. I have a feeling they will use the term "terrorist" to justify maintaining a database of firearm and ammunition purchasers.

I would be checking for drones circling above.... :biggrinjester:
Don't forget the binoculars, since they can fly too high for humans to see with the nekkid eye.
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

Topic author
SeaHawk

Post by SeaHawk »

I've had my dog on guard since 06:00 and he hasn't alerted on anything.

He can smell a rat two miles away... Of at least he should be able to, He's a Rat Terrier. "rlol"

Don2

Post by Don2 »

Hmmmmm...!!!!!!

Topic author
SeaHawk

Post by SeaHawk »

My primer shipment is finally in transit again after a 24 hour delay.

Makes me wonder what they are up to. :headscratch

Just more invasion of privacy........

Topic author
SeaHawk

Post by SeaHawk »

ddstuder wrote:Very interesting. :shock:

I just had 15000 primers, and 16 lbs of powder show up last week from Powder Valley, and did not see this message. I was tracking it daily once they said it shipped.

Maybe the packaging has been damaged and required inspection. I doubt the G-men have enough time and resources to inspect everything that is shipping these days!

My primers arrived yesterday and it appears as if ddstuder was right on and I was a bit hasty in my accusation of privacy invasion.

The shipment had apparently been repackaged. Two cartons of primers had considerable damage to the cartons. Ding marks, corners of the cartons split and a few loose cards of primers floating in the bottom of the shipping container. Also a few loose primers in the bottom of the shipping container. Very little cosmetic damage to the individual cards of primers. After collecting the individual primers and re inserting them in the empty spaces on the cards, all primers were accounted for.

ddstuder
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ddstuder »

Wow!

Even a broken clock is right twice a day!

Glad to hear that's what it was.
Guns are like parachutes, if your ever in a situation that you need one and you dont have one, you'll probably never need one again.

rotor
Posts in topic: 3

Post by rotor »

I just had the same thing.......

Dallas, TX, United States 07/05/2013 3:23 A.M. Departure Scan
Dallas, TX, United States 07/03/2013 6:40 P.M. Arrival Scan
Memphis, TN, United States 07/03/2013 10:42 A.M. Departure Scan
07/03/2013 7:52 A.M. Arrival Scan
Nashville, TN, United States 07/03/2013 3:44 A.M. Departure Scan
07/03/2013 1:07 A.M. Arrival Scan
Chattanooga, TN, United States 07/02/2013 11:20 P.M. Departure Scan
Chattanooga, TN, United States 07/01/2013 10:30 P.M. Pkg delay-add'l security check by Gov’t or other agency- beyond UPS control. / Package will be delivered next business day.
07/01/2013 10:30 P.M. Origin Scan
07/01/2013 2:38 P.M. Pickup Scan
United States 07/01/2013 6:08 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Also an order from Natchezz... Out for delivery right now so should have today. Some powder, primers and bullets... will let you know what it looks like after arrival but I suspect the feds are checking these for "security".

OnceFired

Post by OnceFired »

Interesting that this happened within 8 hours of collection scan.

So, it was damaged (from the original shipping container all the way through to the primer cartons?) and repackaged within 8 hours, THEN singled out for inspection? No, it is likely it wasn't. It is likely something triggered its inspection, other than damage.

Either Natchez or you are on a list. Much more likely to be Natchez, to be sure. This is especially true since another customer of theirs just got something similar happening within the exact same number of hours. That further suggests/reinforces this is standard M.O. somehow.

What did each of the shipments have in common?

ZA
Video games are an escape from reality. Gun ownership is for when you can't.
CHL - 07/03/12 submitted, 09/07/12 received
Texas Security Guard Jobs

rotor
Posts in topic: 3

Post by rotor »

My package just arrived. No evidence that it was opened or in any way damaged. One of the plastic bags with 45 230 gr bullets was open and probably happened in packing (but no bullets lost). I don't know if uncle is x-raying or doing anything with these packages except to verify that it is meeting hazmat standards. I am sure that I am on a list somewhere for buying powder and primers. My UPS driver doesn't seem like he is upset and I keep him in business. 4# of powder and 2k primers in perfect shape.
So what does it all mean??

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

Interesting...... I imagine they are screening a lot of those large shipments.

Return to “Reloading Forum”