What's the deal with powders?

For those who like to roll their own.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
rotor
Posts in topic: 2

What's the deal with powders?

Post by rotor »

Where is all of the Win 231 or HP 38? I see tons of the various 50BMG variants but the the true basics, the W231,HP38, Bullseye, all still hard to find. What's up with that? Primers seem to be everywhere but handgun powder???

Monk
Posts in topic: 1

Re: What's the deal with powders?

Post by Monk »

I have had some luck finding W231 at Cabelas, I found HP-38 and Win. Auto Comp at the gun show here in Austin. As far as Bullseye I have not found any anywhere. I check Powder Valley, Graf and Sons and Cabelas websites but with no luck...

Topic author
rotor
Posts in topic: 2

Post by rotor »

I live too far away from Cabelas to drive. Local gun shows here have not had any powders that I want. Nobody locally sells powders but Academy and WalMart carrying primers. A friend bought a pound of Bullseye at gunbroker.com for a lot of money. Most of the stuff I buy I end up with hazmat fee. Just seems that this "shortage" has not really corrected itself. Same for 22LR. Where is it?

el_chupo_

Post by el_chupo_ »

I have been looking off and on for almost exactly a year (wife got me a Dillon last Christmas). I work about 3 miles from Cabelas, so I check there about once a week for powders (and .22lr...). I have yet to see Win 231, HP38, or Bullseye in stock since I received the press.

I found 4 1lb containers of HP38 at a local range last week, first time I have seen it anywhere. It was $30/lb, so I only picked up one.

Good luck to all, hopefully this will get back in stock some other places...

ghostrider

Post by ghostrider »

powder supplies seem to still be hit & miss. I am finding some at my LGS, and Cabelas-Buda seems to get in shipments of rifle powers occasionally - but even then selection is limited.
NRA Member
Amateur Radio Operator

Return to “Reloading Forum”