RCBS Universal Case Prep Center

For those who like to roll their own.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
PBratton
Posts in topic: 3

RCBS Universal Case Prep Center

Post by PBratton »

So, do any of you have experience with this thing?

I'm really close to bringing it in for my bench.

Any input would be appreciated.
http://www.GeeksFirearms.com NFA dealer.
$25 Transfers in the Sugar Land, Richmond/Rosenburg areas, every 25th transfer I process is free

Active Military, Veterans, Law Enforcement, Fire, EMS receive $15 transfers.

NRA Patron Member, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, NRA Certified CRSO, Tx LTC Instructor

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 1

Re: RCBS Universal Case Prep Center

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

I've had one for years and when I need it, it's great. Since I load almost exclusively pistol calibers, I use it primarily to ream primer pockets in military and S&B brass. When loading rifle cartridges, it's great for deburring and chamfering and for cleaning primer pockets if you do that step. I and some buddies need to load a bunch of .223 and we plan to get together and set up an assembly line. I have the Dillon electric trimmer, so we'll have someone doing the decapping and trimming, someone using the RCBS Case Master (aka Case Prep Center) and someone loading them on my 2nd Dillon 650.

Chas.

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:I've had one for years and when I need it, it's great. Since I load almost exclusively pistol calibers, I use it primarily to ream primer pockets in military and S&B brass. When loading rifle cartridges, it's great for deburring and chamfering and for cleaning primer pockets if you do that step. I and some buddies need to load a bunch of .223 and we plan to get together and set up an assembly line. I have the Dillon electric trimmer, so we'll have someone doing the decapping and trimming, someone using the RCBS Case Master (aka Case Prep Center) and someone loading them on my 2nd Dillon 650.

Chas.
Well equipped, :tiphat:
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Topic author
PBratton

Post by PBratton »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:I've had one for years and when I need it, it's great. Since I load almost exclusively pistol calibers, I use it primarily to ream primer pockets in military and S&B brass. When loading rifle cartridges, it's great for deburring and chamfering and for cleaning primer pockets if you do that step. I and some buddies need to load a bunch of .223 and we plan to get together and set up an assembly line. I have the Dillon electric trimmer, so we'll have someone doing the decapping and trimming, someone using the RCBS Case Master (aka Case Prep Center) and someone loading them on my 2nd Dillon 650.

Chas.
Thanks Charles! I thought about the Dillon trimmer mounted to my 650, but just couldn't make myself like the idea...

Guess I'll get the order placed, there's a rebate going with RCBS this quarter anyway.
$25 Transfers in the Sugar Land, Richmond/Rosenburg areas, every 25th transfer I process is free

NRA Patron Member, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, NRA Certified CRSO, Tx LTC Instructor

Topic author
PBratton

Post by PBratton »

Welp, bought one of these and have to say, it is GREAT!

Trimmed and prepped my .300 Blk in no time, and I didn't have to pull on that stupid string to trim.

Don2

Post by Don2 »

PBratton wrote:Welp, bought one of these and have to say, it is GREAT!

Trimmed and prepped my .300 Blk in no time, and I didn't have to pull on that stupid string to trim.
They do seem to work great for what they were made for.

I call the Lee rope pull trimmer a "Briggs & Stratton Trimmer" :biggrinjester:

Don2

Return to “Reloading Forum”