What Did You Do In The Reloading Room This Week?

For those who like to roll their own.

Moderators: Charles L. Cotton, carlson1

Beiruty

Re: What Did You Do In The Reloading Room This Week?

Postby Beiruty » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:40 am

Some new yummy-yumm for the new rifle
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment member

Beiruty

Postby Beiruty » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:04 pm

Winchester New Cases are junk, stay away. I had one case that did not even slide into the shell holder.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment member

Surgeon

Postby Surgeon » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:08 pm

TexasJohnBoy wrote:
Surgeon wrote:
AndyC wrote:Ordered one of these puppies to trim/prep my rifle brass more easily:

Bought the exact model about months ago and love it, especially for resizing and added a swaging tool for the spent military brass. This is a great piece of equipment.

Good for trimming? Accurate?

Very accurate. I trimmed off over 300qty once fired .308 brass with it. Used one NEW brass to set up the trimming depth so I wouldn't take off too much, although from what I've read you can go a tad beyond spec since the brass will stretch out again, but over all it was quick and accurate. I used it on my 3oo Black Out and 30-06 and for me it works like a charm. I tried the reamer on the crimped primer pocket and decided to just buy the swaging tool to "get it right". Word of caution....READ THE DIRECTIONS before you start. Finding the right collar and adjusting the settings and locking them down properly will save a lot of headaches...Good luck and enjoy.
:tiphat:
The military arsenal we will use to fight a World War IV ..... "stones" - Einstein

Return to “Reloading Forum”