For those who like to roll their own.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
1wise1
Posts in topic: 3

Subjective, I know

Post by 1wise1 »

But, your opinions are appreciated.
Bullseye is hard to find these days. What are you using as a substitute? I'm reloading 9mm 147 gr Hornaday hollow points and just picked up a few 124 gr hollow points. Using CCI 500 primers.
Certified Glock Armorer
Combine ignorance, arrogance and low altitude, and the result is guaranteed to be spectacular.

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Subjective, I know

Post by Beiruty »

Last I got is CFE Pistol. If you can find tight group that is also a good option.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Topic author
1wise1

Post by 1wise1 »

There's been a bit of "buzz" around Alliant's BE-86. They're not saying it means they're phasing out Bullseye but one could speculate since Bullseye is very scarce. Tried the new one yet?
And there's an interesting thing happening without any fanfare. Alliant's recipes for reloading are now calling for Federal 100 primers, but the main page still lists CCI 500's. Is there a reversal happening from some of the powder manufacturers who were saying "No Winchester, or no Federal primers".
Certified Glock Armorer
Combine ignorance, arrogance and low altitude, and the result is guaranteed to be spectacular.

WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by WTR »

Does anyone know how Clays meters compared to Bullseye? My charge bar in my press is sized foe 4 grs of Bullseye.
It looks like I can use 4 grs of Clays. Just hoping they meter the same.

Thanks

Topic author
1wise1

Post by 1wise1 »

Just weigh it ...twice... then adjust your metering device to reflect the amount if its different.
Pretty much standard, for most of us who reload, to weigh every ten throws to be certain the charge is correct.

Back to my thread... BE-86 anyone?
Certified Glock Armorer

WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by WTR »

1wise1 wrote:Just weigh it ...twice... then adjust your metering device to reflect the amount if its different.
Pretty much standard, for most of us who reload, to weigh every ten throws to be certain the charge is correct.

Back to my thread... BE-86 anyone?
I apologize for interrupting. However, I cannot adjust the metering on my charge bar.....it is made for 4grs of bullseye.

Thanks

rotor

Post by rotor »

FYI, CFE Pistol and Tightgroup are on sale right now at Cabelas as well as primers. I bought some Clays and Win 231 the other day. My local gun store usually has Bullseye in 8#. I have never purchased that much. I have been using a Lee Auto-Drum powder measure recently and it is exceptionally easy to fine tune and reproduce a powder charge.

loner556

Post by loner556 »

Just picked up 2 lbs of Unique.

Not the best but grabbed some while they had it. Pistol powder has been tough to find around here.
SA RO Champion 45

warnmar10

Post by warnmar10 »

I have 3 unopened Bullseye and one from which I loaded 300 rds of .45acp. So 3 - 2/3ish lbs I'd part with. Also have a couple pounds of Unique. I live in the Lewisville area. Will trade for cash or WST, 4320, 8208XBR, Varget, primers, other stuff I never considered...

SIRIT

Post by SIRIT »

I seem to always be able to find power pistol so I mostly use it. And for the record they aren't lying about the flash it makes but it's kinda fun at an indoor range.

Titegroup is alright too.

Return to “Reloading Forum”