Comparison data for BullsEye Powder

For those who like to roll their own.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
1wise1
Posts in topic: 1

Comparison data for BullsEye Powder

Post by 1wise1 »

I'm reloading 9mm 147 grain Jacketed Hollow Point using original BullsEye and CCI 500 primers. But, I can't find the suggested load data for that powder, only the new BE-86. And it appears there is a wide difference in the two powders.
Comparing the data for 124 grain jacketed hollow points Alliant shows 4.4 grains charge for BullsEye but a whopping 5.9 grains for BE-86. Plus a change to Federal 100 primers. Anybody got the recipe for 147 gr JHP's using the old BullsEye? I'm not interested in blowing up my Glock 26 (and my hand with it). :shock:
Certified Glock Armorer
Combine ignorance, arrogance and low altitude, and the result is guaranteed to be spectacular.

hovercat

Re: Comparison data for BullsEye Powder

Post by hovercat »

Do you have another powder to use? I try to use as few powders as possible, but I think BE is too fast. I tried several manuals with no results.
My personal loading would be 3.2 of Red Dot.
The Hornady manual lists BE for 124gr but not 147gr, which tells me it may not be suitable.

txtaxman

Post by txtaxman »

1wise1 wrote: I'm reloading 9mm 147 grain Jacketed Hollow Point using original BullsEye and CCI 500 primers. But, I can't find the suggested load data for that powder, only the new BE-86.
The recipe you are looking for is in the Alliant Powder Reloaders' Guide dated 1996:
http://documents.mx/documents/1996-alli ... guide.html
Lamar County

rotor

Post by rotor »

Lyman has data for 147gr FMJ, Bullseye, CCI primers. No data on JHP. COL may be quite different.

ET-Ret
Posts in topic: 3

Post by ET-Ret »

This is for reference to all of the comments above.
Web
www.stevespages has lots of data. Steve is dead but one of his follower is keeping the board alive.
If I have misspelled his call google it.

Another is pic's or some thing like that has copies of old loading manuels. I will check it out and update if my spelling is wrong.
I asked one of the managers at Lyman if they could put all of there old books on a cd to sell and as a ref. She said they could not do that as all of the old books were destored when they moved " Pure bull. "
allen

ET-Ret

Post by ET-Ret »

An update which I tried out before posting.

www.castpics.net

I has a wealth of info for the reloader Many copies of old reloading manuels from a lot of different co.

worth making a note to ref to later. I use index cards and keep in a box. the price of getting old.

Allen

ET-Ret

Post by ET-Ret »

I looked in the Modern Reloading 2ed By Richard Lee
and for 147 gr xtp
3.8 gr to 4.2 Bullseye
Book is from 2002 so I would think this the old version of Bullseye.

Allen

LTUME1978

Post by LTUME1978 »

I have some old loading manuals from the 70's. They show loading data for bullets up to 124 grain but nothing for the 147. I also have some of that old bullseye that I bought in the late 70s. Will probably use it up loading 45 ACP ammo. If you want data for 115 or 124 grain bullets, reply back and I will send that.

Return to “Reloading Forum”