Powder prices about to jump?

For those who like to roll their own.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
warnmar10
Posts in topic: 1

Powder prices about to jump?

Post by warnmar10 »

ATF Reclassifies Wetted Nitrocellulose as Explosive Materials Under Federal Laws

Read more: http://www.ammoland.com/2016/08/atf-rec ... z4IrVqqlMH
Under Creative Commons License

sjfcontrol

Re: Powder prices about to jump?

Post by sjfcontrol »

Powder would do more than just jump in price. You wouldn't be able to buy it at all without a license and a facility that could properly store and track it. It would shut down reloading altogether.

AND, I gather that the ammo manufacturers would have to get licenses and upgrade their storage facilities, dramatically impacting their costs, and therefore the cost of commercial ammo.

I suspect (pray) this will be short lived.
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

sjfcontrol wrote:Powder would do more than just jump in price. You wouldn't be able to buy it at all without a license and a facility that could properly store and track it. It would shut down reloading altogether.

AND, I gather that the ammo manufacturers would have to get licenses and upgrade their storage facilities, dramatically impacting their costs, and therefore the cost of commercial ammo.

I suspect (pray) this will be short lived.
The powder itself isn't being re-classified, its the wet nitro-cellulose that's used to manufacture powder. It's still a bad idea.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Surgeon

Post by Surgeon »

And this move solves what...exactly? Oh, that's right. It's the goober mint..."fix it till it's broke".
The military arsenal we will use to fight a World War IV ..... "stones" - Einstein

Mike S

Post by Mike S »

Hate to be the harbinger of bad news, but it's already been posted here: http://www.texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=85828

Return to “Reloading Forum”