My first 100 rounds.......

For those who like to roll their own.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
AggieMM
Posts in topic: 2

My first 100 rounds.......

Post by AggieMM »

Well, I finally got all of my supplies, and got my press up and running this weekend (with the help of my brother, txaggie). We loaded up a batch for 147gr 9mm for IDPA/IPSC. Here is the load information:

Load Information - First Run

I'm a little high in the fps, so now I'm going to work up some with 3.1 and 3.0 grans and see what results I get.

Ryan

P.S. - For those doing the math, yes, I know, 32+31+32 != 100. I kept two for checking powder loads, and had three rounds that didn't have the primer set properly, so I discarded those. I'm still learning how to use the Dillon 550. :grin:

flintknapper
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Re: My first 100 rounds.......

Post by flintknapper »

AggieMM wrote:Well, I finally got all of my supplies, and got my press up and running this weekend (with the help of my brother, txaggie). We loaded up a batch for 147gr 9mm for IDPA/IPSC. Here is the load information:

Load Information - First Run

I'm a little high in the fps, so now I'm going to work up some with 3.1 and 3.0 grans and see what results I get.

Ryan

P.S. - For those doing the math, yes, I know, 32+31+32 != 100. I kept two for checking powder loads, and had three rounds that didn't have the primer set properly, so I discarded those. I'm still learning how to use the Dillon 550. :grin:

Nevermind.
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

phddan

Post by phddan »

Cool, your on the right track.
Were you testing on a bag, and if so, did you notice if point of impact changed with the different loads?

Dan

Topic author
AggieMM

Post by AggieMM »

phddan wrote:Were you testing on a bag, and if so, did you notice if point of impact changed with the different loads?
Unfortunately, no, I was not shooting from a bag. Didn't think of that. :grin:. See, I'm still new to reloading.... :grin:

Ryan

phddan

Post by phddan »

No sweat, you can do it next time. :grin:

Dan

Return to “Reloading Forum”