Recogmendations on where to purchase supplies in Houston

For those who like to roll their own.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
mcub
Posts in topic: 1

Recogmendations on where to purchase supplies in Houston

Post by mcub »

I was wondering if any one could suggest stores that sale powder and primers in the Houston area.

WarHawk-AVG

Re: Recogmendations on where to purchase supplies in Houston

Post by WarHawk-AVG »

mcub wrote:I was wondering if any one could suggest stores that sale powder and primers in the Houston area.
4 locations to choose from bud

Carters Country

http://www.carterscountry.net/
A sheepdog says "I will lead the way. I will set the highest standards. ...Your mission is to man the ramparts in this dark and desperate hour with honor and courage." - Lt. Col. Grossman
‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing’ - Edmond Burke

nuparadigm

Post by nuparadigm »

Gander Mountain in Sugar Land has a wide variety of Hodgdon's powder and a rather shallow array of primers.

Bailey's Gun Store/Range (South on 521) also has a few things.

There's probably somebody I'm forgetting .....
The last train out of any station will not be filled with nice people.

Remember Newton and Azrak.

Houston1944

Post by Houston1944 »

If you are on the west side American Shooting Centers carries powder and primers. Sometimes their stock gets low so I would recommend calling before driving there. Since they cannot get Federal primers now the only primer they now stock is Winchester.

Venus Pax

Post by Venus Pax »

I'm not sure what part of Houston you're in. I like Carter's Country in Spring. That's the closest big gun-related place to me, and it's at least a forty minute drive. I hear they have a store on the West end of Houston, but am not sure where, and I have never been to that one.

The last time I was in there for powder & primers, they had at least the basics. They carried Winchester and Remington primers, but there may have been more that I didn't see. They had at least ten to twenty different canisters of powder from what I could tell.
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

Jeremae

Post by Jeremae »

On NW side of houston(1960 and Jones road area) is http://www.10ring.com very complete line of powders and primers, lots of bullets. A little pricier than Gander Mtn but a local store.
Reasonable gun control is hitting your target with the first shot.

Return to “Reloading Forum”