Not too proud

For those who like to roll their own.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
O6nop
Posts in topic: 2

Not too proud

Post by O6nop »

I discovered that I'm not too proud to dig through the trash can at the range to score about 110 Remington .223 brass cartridges. Another guy that was a few lanes down picked up about 60 Federal .308 and a handful of .223. in the trash can.
It's hard to believe in this time of shortages, that someone would discard something like that.
I believe there is safety in numbers..
numbers like: 9, .22, .38, .357, .45, .223, 5.56, 7.62, 6.5, .30-06...

BobCat
Posts in topic: 1

Post by BobCat »

You, Sir, are a Reloader!
Retractable claws; the *original* concealed carry

HighVelocity

Post by HighVelocity »

It's sad, but, that brass looks like gold coins on the ground. I've been spending as much time picking up brass as I have been shooting. :cry:

If you think that's a waste of my time, check out how much new brass costs per 100 pieces. I definitely have the time to pick up the free brass. :lol:
I am scared of empty guns and keep mine loaded at all times. The family knows the guns are loaded and treats them with respect. Loaded guns cause few accidents; empty guns kill people every year. -Elmer Keith. 1961

Dougmyers5

Post by Dougmyers5 »

Thats why they make those little brooms and a scoop on a handle so they are easy to get up. :grin:
2be1-ask1
-----------------
DougMyers
NRA Endowed Life Member
CHL Issued June 2007
Member # 1567
http://www.texasopencarry.com/

NEW TEX SHOOTER

BUT...

Post by NEW TEX SHOOTER »

don't be like my brother and worry about each brass case you shoot after you shoot it, he would shoot like crap, worring about losing a case in the brush, :sad:

some times i go to the range, with no guns, just a bag and ear plugs, help them clean up :grin:

mcub

Re: BUT...

Post by mcub »

NEW TEX SHOOTER wrote:some times i go to the range, with no guns, just a bag and ear plugs, help them clean up :grin:
Had'nt thought of that, thanks

Topic author
O6nop
Posts in topic: 2

Re: BUT...

Post by O6nop »

NEW TEX SHOOTER wrote:don't be like my brother and worry about each brass case you shoot after you shoot it, he would shoot like crap, worring about losing a case in the brush, :
That's the truth! :grin:
I look for my brass usually after each magazine. A loss here and there is generally made up easily enough...
mcub wrote:
NEW TEX SHOOTER wrote:some times i go to the range, with no guns, just a bag and ear plugs, help them clean up :grin:
Had'nt thought of that, thanks
Personally, I wouldn't dream of going to the range without at least a couple guns, a .22 pistol at the very least, and my carry, but I don't always practice with that.
I spend a good half hour combing the areas, rifle and pistol, for brass, whether it's my caliber or not. I'll share it or trade it with other reloader friends.
I believe there is safety in numbers..
numbers like: 9, .22, .38, .357, .45, .223, 5.56, 7.62, 6.5, .30-06...

dozerboy

Post by dozerboy »

Going to the range to pick up brass sounds like a good excuse to do some shooting to me.
We pick up our brass after where done shooting. It takes a lot longer to find 17 cases in a 5'x5' area after each clip then it does to find all 200 in a 5x5 area. I remembered on our last trip that we have a Neat Sheet for the beach its a 6'x5' HD blanket that we are going to lay down on the grass to collect our brass.
These views expressed on this post are not my own, but rather randomly generated computer gibberish and in no way should be used to judge the author's IQ or mental health.

Return to “Reloading Forum”